Busdriver

Asterion/ChevyS10/XV01-T

Here it is finished ( apart from inner wings). Servo went in easily. Have to say its a lovely smooth steering linkage. No slop at all. I really have enjoyed building this. Its a bit more complex than some of the stuff I've built  and it is set up exactly as the manual says. Uesd digital calipers to measure distances rather than a ruler. Much better. I'm pleased with the way the body turned out. The S10 has always been one of my favourite tamiya trucks so to be able to recreate it albeit with a colour twist has been fun. I agree @Badcrumble the gap at the front just looked wrong. Amazingly I cut this shape before I put it anywhere near the chassis and its just the right depth. Also a left a liitle bit more meat at the rear to get all the stickers on. The cut lines are there for the Asterion as well as the S10. It does mean that the rear wheel sits quite far back in the arch but I dont think it spoils the look. I think with a bit of thought a skid plate should be possible?? Cant wait to give it a run. Now I've done this I might get round to finishing all the other little bits and bobs I have to do to complete other projects. Xmas is fast approaching and I have a Herbie Rally Beetle planned along with some other body shells.

IMG_1639.JPG.b9ebbb8d0d5b5575aee93d71f873c7a6.JPGIMG_1640.JPG.ce06de4430648c2671ceeadfcdada380.JPG

• Like 13

A big thank you to everybody for your likes;) I am pleasently surprised at you reaction

Just think if we could not post pics, think forums and sites would've ever taken off?

Your Truck is Tuff (girls front top side) you know cow utters politely speaking.

I've been driving PU's since i was 15 years old.