t3garett

Found schumacher shock absorbers

Hi all

Sorry to bother you with non tamiya stuff but I m a bit stuck at the moment. I can t for the life of me find some medium schumacher vari shock bodies. So being desperate I m looking for any type of vintage schumacher shock absorbers. Preferably the type used on the cat  2k and 3k and cougar 2k. I can pay or trade with tamiya items. Thanks in advance

Cheers

Leslie

I've got 2 aluminium ones but longer - around 55mm body length including the top mount , yours is showing around 40 - 42mm

Graemevw : brilliant ! Do you have 2 the same size as the one I put in the photo ??? If so consider them sold ! 

Could you pm me with how much you want for them and they need to be sent to France so you ll have to tell me how much I owe you for postage as Well. 

26 minutes ago, t3garett said:

Graemevw : brilliant ! Do you have 2 the same size as the one I put in the photo ??? If so consider them sold ! 

I will measure and take pics later. They are whatever their sort of pro, or team version were. They are a sort greeny gold colour with yellow springs.

I have 2 rears and one front. I had them on a boomerang, they are very good!

Im just not up on schumacher so not really sure what they are except being probably early 90s i think.

24 minutes ago, t3garett said:

Ari they the same as on the front of the car ??? If so then I ll have them of you !

Yes, and the same as the rears too. I only have 1 front though.

I think they may need new seals but they are available. I did know what these are, and got in touch with schumacher and the parts were available, £6 if i remember right.

I have a load of preload collars for them too. There a bit grubby, ill take some pics later.

Do you know what type of shock they are?

Yes I think they are called " schumacher pro vari shocks" . And yes I ll buy them from you with the "grubby" preload collars as Well ! Just tell me a price and shipping and I ll send a paypal.

Thanks for the help everyone. I have found 2 rear shocks. 

Still looking for 2 front aluminium shock bodies (roughly 85mm from eye To eye) 

Leslie, our interests are too close! I'm building a Cougar 2000 from parts right now and 2w ago pilfered thirteen racing for the last vari shock bits they had (sorry).

Talking of which. Anyone got any Cougar 2000 parts FS? I'm 90% complete with this new build.

Sorry for hi-jack.

Arghhhh ! Ann3x how do we manage to think so closely alike thousands of miles away from each other ??????

I am building a cougar 2000 95team with visco drive transmission. 

What parts do you need ???? 

Do you have a medium plastic vari shock body ?

Ha... I'm also building a hydra drive based 95 2000..... 

I've got shocks sorted now (plastic vari shock bodies) just need springs. 

The bits I still need are;

-diff gear + plates

-laygear

-rear bulkhead & d posts

-rose joints

-springs

-motor plate

-front axles

-steering post support 

I've got some duplicate bits so if you are missing stuff say and I'll check 

Just to say thanks To some very kind people who helped me out. I now have all the schumacher shocks I could dream off ! 

Thanks for your help (Cheers Grizy !)