DGunn1

King cab / monster racer dogbones

Hi all,

Wondered if all you knowledgeable king cab or monster racer owners could advise on suitable cost effective replacement dog bones?

I've measured them at 64mm centre to centre, but don't have any other models to compare them too. Any thoughts on what else may work from Tamiya's current catalogue?

Would the latest super astute dog bones be suitable?

Many thanks in advance.

Have a word with Tony at Tonys tTamiya parts on eBay , and he can order in King Cab shafts if they are still available , or he could possibly match up some other shafts from his stock , he has helped me out lots of times . If he can't help try Gary at Victor101

On 11/11/2019 at 8:08 PM, DGunn1 said:

Would the latest super astute dog bones be suitable?

I think it will work. From what I remember, Astute and King cab dogbones are the same length. Original King Cab dogbones are howerer slightly thicker in the center section.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:24 PM, didcos said:

I think it will work. From what I remember, Astute and King cab dogbones are the same length. Original King Cab dogbones are howerer slightly thicker in the center section.

They are the exact length, with a few spacers you can run most modern Tamiya CVs.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Seen a few original NOS online but quite pricey. Super astute rere ones are readily available so will probably go with those.

Cheers

12 hours ago, DGunn1 said:

Thanks everyone for your help.

Seen a few original NOS online but quite pricey. Super astute rere ones are readily available so will probably go with those.

Cheers

Yep I've mixed them here and there mainly by mistake, with zero issues. I'm very thankful for the Super Astute Rere, it's put alot of my rides back in service and off the shelf!