gold682

Looking to get my first "comical"

So, I fancy a comical version of one of the following icons. Any preference or are they just exactly same with different bodies?

57409 - Lunch Box

58666 - Hornet

58662 - Grasshopper

58673 - Frog

Now the idea being is that i'll also buy the "normal" equivalent. At the mo. i'm swaying towards the Frog as i've always wanted to build an ORV chassis. (but then i also fancy the Brat for that!)

Cheers

Paul

• Haha 1

The Lunchbox isn't a Comical (WR-02 chassis), but a mini... personally I'd buy the original 'comical' and get the Wild Willy 2 - the Jeep hardbody and driver figure alone is worth it.

Jx

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gold682 said:

So, I fancy a comical version of one of the following icons. Any preference or are they just exactly same with different bodies?

57409 - Lunch Box

58666 - Hornet

58662 - Grasshopper

58673 - Frog

Now the idea being is that i'll also buy the "normal" equivalent. At the mo. i'm swaying towards the Frog as i've always wanted to build an ORV chassis. (but then i also fancy the Brat for that!)

Cheers

Paul

The Comical Frog isn't an ORV. That's the original Frog. With the exception of the lunchbox all the comicals are the same WR02CB chassis. I have the hornet. It's funny. 

• Like 1

If you are choosing your comical according to which will give you the most fulfilling "normal" build, the Frog is certainly the way to go. All the others are very simple by comparison.

• Thanks 1

I like @TurnipJF's idea.  

Why don't you get Comical Frog?  You can cheat and buy Brat. And get a Frog shell for about $30 (though mounting points are different).  That way, you'd have a Comical Frog, regular Frog and Brat (Brat comes with 2 shells; one resin, one lexan).  You'd end up with 2 chassis and 4 shells!  (I wonder if comical chassis could mount Brat Lexan shell... then you'd have comical Brat too! )  

I did something similar.  I got Wild Willy 2 first, and tracked down original Wild Willy few years later.  Wild Willy was already a comical version of the famous Jeep. Wild Willy2 was "comical-er" version of Wild Willy 1?  (okay, that's pushing it. It was a simple re-issue).    

KPRUPkP.jpg

Even Wild Willy 2 was 20 years ago...

I think it's about time Tamiya released "Wild Jerry?"  WR02CB chassis already come with balloon tires!  

Everybody is expecting Comical Wild One, and Tamiya would give us a hard body of Kubelwagen!!  Wouldn't that be something.  

GN0rZqe.jpg

Why Jerry first? 

I don't know, "Wild Tommy" doesn't look like it can do wheelies easily...

vUeBgvp.jpg

Thanks all. Great ideas and i'm going to go the Comical Frog and Brat route as suggested by @Juggular and then get a Frog body....Practically 3 for the price of 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1