Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Calling IFS owners! Tuning help

Noticed there is a spacer under the pivot ball on the front suspension rockere on my FF03. What do these do? Does adding them or removing them make any difference to how the suspension works? 

Cheers! 

As I understand it, changing the spacer is the equivalent of moving the the upper shock mount inwards or outwards on a conventional shock tower.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure it's a tuning thing. 

If it doesn't bind with it off I shouldn't worry about it 

• Thanks 1

if you open up the TA05 IFS manual where it shows the dampers being attached. the side bar should have a small description that compare a normal TA05 and TA05 IFS and how spacers added to the ball head is equivalent to changing damper positions.  

• Thanks 2

Not to Forget is the push rod length. Can make also a big difference in progressivity and feeling. On my TB03 R I liked the IFS Setup back in the day, although you have to think a bit more when using it in racing. But it was never that bad, as some people said. Just Maybe to complicated for some guys...;) 

• Like 1

Some people look at it weird but I honestly found the IFS interesting as it's very similar to push rod system found on F1 cars, Le Mans and some supercars. 

In my FF-03 kits, I have installed 0.5mm spacers in the Pro-R's rockers (both ends). The spacer makes shorter travel for the damper as well as making it stiffer.

405h6bMh.jpg

The RR didn't need it because I wanted a longer travel for the shocks.

LSszAt2h.jpg

• Like 2