Gazzalene

XV-01 Suspension set up help

getting the suspension fine tuned and need a bit of help. All the linkages were made spot on to manual. The rear has a inward camber of 2deg ,both were the same. front both had 0deg camber. Front toe in was not equal so I have just put a little in.harder to measure that.

Its the rear I am stuck on. one side has affair bit of toe in the other is neutral,all links are spot on. The manual set up page shows spacers on the suspension and on the upright. These are in the correct position. Firstly, if both side are built exactly the same why is there a bit difference and secondly I do not see how the spacers will change toe in. Can anyone advise please? The spacers could be moved from front to back BUT I do not see what this will do,it only moves the arm forward and backword.

Sorry,lastly. ride height,again one corner slightly lower,all connections are the same. and when I built the shocks I measured the length of the piston from shock body to the ball link and all 4 shocks were spot on.

I know its only a fun car but would like to know how its done properly.

I havent reached that point yet but when I do if I can make any suggestions I will

There is defo a issue with the rear arms. can not work out options to adjust. There was a fair bit of forward backward play of the wishbones. I put a shim in mine but again in the same position on both sides.

Secondly, see if you get the very tight belt issue? If so ask me what the answer is. Only ask if you have it, guarded secret on many sites!

Mine might be slightly different as its a T version. But simple things to chechec, are all the shock mounting points in the right holes, are the suspension arems the right way round etc. From what I've built so far its one of the most accurate builds that I've done.?

I bought a used xv-01 and the previous owner had installed mis-matched rear suspension arms. One had toe in, one did not.

I assume all your arms are identical, left vs right?