dave.723

MST MTX TH-1 and Tamiya Monster Racer Toyota Hilux

I could not resist and ordered an MST MTX with the Hilux Body. Cause I like the body design so much.

Maybe not everyone knows but the MST MTX TH body is a quite a bit larger than the Tamiya one and so it does not really fit. The body post holes are in different places an the tires will rub probably.

If anyone wants detailed specs - let me know. I was in a hurry so the kids wont see our new friend. I guess I will store it in the box till x-mas and then decide ... :-)

(nope haven't run it yet; and I ordered the 4WD kit and sway bars)

dave

IMG_20191113_114513.jpg

IMG_20191113_114535.jpg

• Like 2

Pics didn't load.

I too have considered taking a punt on the TH-1 as an alternative to the Axial SMT based trucks. 

If you have basic dimensions for the shell such as length, width & wheelbase, that would be great to know. I'm also interested in if the decals are applied to the inside or outside of the body so the "wrong ones" could be removed and replaced...if that makes sense.

A year or more ago I bought a monster racer Jr and king cab Jr (1/32 AA battery cars) and thought, how neat would it be to make a 10th scale version of either. I have the proline Hilux, 1/9 mci decals and a spare txt-2 kit.  Never got around to it and this seems to be an easy way to get there. 

thanks for the hint with the pics. I have reuploaded them. Should work now.

Give me a day or so and I will get dimensions. I will also try it onto my TXT-1 - thanks for the tip. :D

Some measurments.

Wheelbase: ~270 mm

Overall Length: 440 mm

Front Width: 195 mm

Rear Width: 205 mm

Stickers are on the outside and removable. Body is painted in white and the bed in black; backed with black. The number plate wings are black painted and glued on the body. Everything else you see are stickers. There are no stickers with stickers on it.

On my TXT-1 wheelbase is a bit short but still ok. Might rub in full flex on the back. But could be set higher.

IMG_20191116_133330.jpg

IMG_20191116_133353.jpg

• Like 2

270mm is stock clod wheelbase. It's nice that the stickers are removable to correct the non-Tamiya design cues. Looks pretty good in pics though. There was an HPI baja toyota body that was supposedly perfect for use on TXT's from some mini trophy truck they did some years ago. Thanks for the pics though, From reading my typing I can tell just how much I have thought about this combination without acting. I guess it has only been about a year that I have been on the monster truck path.