nexoone

Lunchbox: FX10 Front Arm Conversion

Hi all,

i am a beginner on RC Cars. A few month ago I bought my son a Tamiya Lunch Box Black Edition.Both of us love to drive around with the LB. Using the fifth shock mod makes handling of the LB much better. Now I am looking for a solution to fix the riddiclious camber of the front wheels. I read about the FX10 and Ampro solutions and decide to go with the FX10. By reading further I noticed that using this kit needs some custom installations.

I also read the thread of SteveU30 at (

But all the pictures are blurry because of photobucket limitations :-/  Sooo..... Does anyone habe some pictures of the FX10 kit installed on a LB?

Thanks, Olaf

There are quite a few conversions on here .

I've done 2 conversions on LB's . One was FX10 which I made 2 plates to mount the damper lower end to it's orginal comfortable position . Other members have mounted the dampers in different ways .

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=132956&id=5280

The other was by using the front beam from a Kyosho Ultima MK1 ( re-release spares will soon be available so this will be an easy parts source ) and basically fitting the original steering uprights , and some Wild One lower damper brackets to mount the damper lower ends , which for me was an easier conversion than the FX10

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=133331&id=5280

• Like 2

I did the Team CRP front end conversion, which you can find on their ebay store.

it's a pretty straightforward conversion, fairly cheap and moulded plastic rather than 3D printed, which means it is more resilient.

• Like 3

I went the AmPro (Shapeways) reinforced arm upgrade route which required some drilling & metal rods & not cheap but it’s holding up to 10.5T brushless ok 

• Like 1