Sign in to follow this  
jonboy1

I'm going to rant.....

sorry, but I just have to get this off my chest..

So I've been searching high and low for a early 90's Nosram Dominator ESC for a retro build I'm doing. Have drawn a blank everywhere.

I was watching an ebay listing for a slightly newer model, just in case I got desperate and the seller also had some other vintage RC stuff up for sale, so I thought it was worth following.

Out of nowhere i get an offer to buy the ESC I'm watching at a reduced price from the seller.... i politely decline saying it isn't exactly what I'm after, but on the off chance do they have an older version? They reply, "yes, I'm sure I do, let me go and see if I can find it!"

10 min later I get a picture of exactly what I'm after.

"Does it work?" I ask.

"Can't test it sorry, sold all my equipment."

"Ok, let me know how much  you want and when you list it and I'll have it." 

all goes quiet......

I email back the next morning:

"Hi, can you let me know when you list it please? I'm waiting to buy it"

"It sold yesterday."

:huh:

Unconvinced, I look at their sold listings - nothing for over a week.

WHY DO THIS???!!!!

WHHHYYYYYYYY????!!!!!!

:angry::(

• Sad 1

You get some bad ones with some good ones too. 

Years ago, after an ebay seller shipped the item to me, I got like $2 refund.  He said actual shipping was less than what he thought.  Whatever it was, shipping was reasonable for the size and weight, maybe like $6?  It wasn't a big deal, but I was pleasantly impressed.  

11 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Years ago, after an ebay seller shipped the item to me, I got like $2 refund.  He said actual shipping was less than what he thought.  Whatever it was, shipping was reasonable for the size and weight, maybe like $6?  It wasn't a big deal, but I was pleasantly impressed.  

🙂

I do this all the time, but often ill say so in the listing.

The postage calculators are useless so sometimes ill guess and say ill refund the rest.

Sometimes if its less than i thought ill refund even if i hadnt said i would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I do the same thing, it's just the fair thing to do. 

Another thing I've done in the past is drop in a few extra things I hadn't mentioned in the auction when I pack it all up, it all goes to make a happier buyer.

i have found more good than bad on ebay as of the past two years than any other time since their conception.

I had purchased a pair of new/used speakers  that were hard to find, thus when received item there was only one speaker, Ebay sided with me, 

there's more to the story "he said, she said" scenario, very awkward to say the least.

i have actually  made several friends with some vendors that have treated me golden and they know i'm never in a rush for these materialistic items.

every once in a while something comes damaged and well takes time but ebay pulls through for me every time. i'll be as polite as possible when typing, these very words and works like a charm every time (i do mean it with all sincerity though) with this "Hello and salutations" and and then state my case and finish with "Thank You with Kind Regards".

ems.

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

i've been getting that frequently often and or TAX deducted or reinstated, and the Visa over sea fee thing (i forget the actual term, it's not much). "You wanna Play? then you get to Pay".

sometimes not often they'll put a Lil' gift in there, one time it was hard candy (No Thank You).