bjorklo

Super Clodbuster Black Edition

Found this picture on Mokei Kagaku FB page. ( I tried to do a search to see if this thread already have been started but couldn't find anything) 

I think the Black Edition looks really nice. 

89682451-3DF9-4EDE-96BA-7739DEC3842F.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm not a fan of the color editions by any means, but this is pretty cool. Tamiya might have half-recognized that most everyone prefers the original to the Super variant. Nice to see a return of the red plastics and stickers paying homage to the original.

Yup! I like it! I wouldn't trade my OG red Clod for it, but out of all the color editions this is one of the nicer ones.

Also, spare red parts! This is good!

Yeah, that looks a LOT better than the blue one with the splash graphics.

Oh no, this is making me want another Clod...

Seeing how we won't get an exact OG Clod edition this one gives me all the pieces I need. I'm going to start hunting down white clod wheels, order an Ampro front grill, and MCI decals.

With white wheels and MCI decals I'll have a Rere OG Clod. 

I was able to get a set of the white Pro-line Brawlers in stock offset before they were discontinued for this same purpose. If you were in the market IMEX are making the Puller and Baja treads again as well.

6 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

I was able to get a set of the white Pro-line Brawlers in stock offset before they were discontinued for this same purpose. If you were in the market IMEX are making the Puller and Baja treads again as well.

Thanks man!!! Just ordered 2 sets of Hicaps for it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but according to Tamiyablog, the SuperClod Black Edition is going to have gearbox halves with molded axle tubes. It's been a while since I've built a Clod, but I could swear the axle tubes were separate pieces that bolted on. Maybe I'm imagining things or just reading into this wrong...or maybe this clod is getting more than just a color change. 

Here's a screenshot of the article.

thoughts?

image.png

I remember looking at the CB in wonder in the old catalogues. I always wondered how it worked, with the two motors etc :)

For steering, did it have two servos?

And, what were they like to drive? I always imagined them being quite slow, but fun and bouncy like a Lunchbox.

1 hour ago, RushRebel said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but according to Tamiyablog, the SuperClod Black Edition is going to have gearbox halves with molded axle tubes. It's been a while since I've built a Clod, but I could swear the axle tubes were separate pieces that bolted on...

The Super Clod Buster is equipped with two motors and tightly sealed gearboxes that have been molded as one piece with axle housing.... From https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58321clod/index.htm

I'm sure it's the same. I built a super clod last year, my oG mod clod is built the same. No reason to expect anything different. It was/is a solid design that just works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullitt3577 said:

Why is the MSRP on the Black edition so much cheaper than the Super Clod, $392 vs $516? 

Maybe they finally realized their msrp are a joke

30 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Maybe they finally realized their msrp are a joke

That could be it? Lol. They need to go back and adjust the rest then!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bullitt3577 said:

That could be it? Lol. They need to go back and adjust the rest then!

Ill probably buy one from tower with a coupon for only $250, just needs bearings. 

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

Ill probably buy one from tower with a coupon for only $250, just needs bearings. 

I did, $250 is too good to pass up! Lol

The black body definitely makes me want another. I'd like to see what the axles really are before pulling the trigger, though

Man the need is strong, i still don't know if I'll go with this or the TXT2.

As far as axles, what's the concern? These things are bulletproof.

Should have mine in the next day or so, this thing just seems

so much better than the blue super Clod, I’m pretty excited, and will let my original NIB stay NIB for a little while longer

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GTodd said:

Man the need is strong, i still don't know if I'll go with this or the TXT2.

As far as axles, what's the concern? These things are bulletproof.

I have both, and to be fair the TXT-2 is better in just about every way.

But....I'm always conscious of the lack of parts support for the TXT-2.  The clod, I can run without this fear...get a Clod and bash on!

• Like 1

I was just saying to my mate @KalEl63 today that I am extremely excited about getting my Black Clod, more so than I have been about any other NIB’s I have got in the last few years. Don’t really know why, but bring it on

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kid168 said:

When was this black edition released? how about the other clod variants?

The Black Edition was just released, you can still get the Super Clodbuster  also.