bjorklo

Super Clodbuster Black Edition

28 minutes ago, kid168 said:

when was the super clod buster released?

58321 Super Clodbuster: 2004
58423 Super Clodbuster Chrome Edition: 2008
58518 Super Clodbuster: 2012

If I remember correctly, 58321 and 58518 are virtually identical, except that 58321 came with MSC and 58518 with ESC.

Still won’t have the Chevy originality though 

good for us original owners though if we need red parts  (everything else is already available)

2qytMkL.jpg

Yov1u4b.jpg

Ih41Qow.jpg

hmmmmm red bits :)

JJ

• Like 3

@ProblemchildI notice you have Sport Tuned motors in your Clod, do they offer much more in torque/speed than the normal 540s?  Are the Sport Tuned easy to reverse the rotation?

1 hour ago, tamiya_1971 said:

@ProblemchildI notice you have Sport Tuned motors in your Clod, do they offer much more in torque/speed than the normal 540s?  Are the Sport Tuned easy to reverse the rotation?

They are from aliexpress and £4 each

not sure they are truly representative of sport tuned 

and tbh I’m still mid rebuild 

JJ

Never thought I would want a ClodBuster in my collection but this one has been calling out to me as they really nailed the ideal look with that black body/silver decal/red shocks look. So a kit is winging it's way to me now. :)

This one is by far the coolest looking of the three colour schemes they have done, IMO.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:42 PM, Problemchild said:

good for us original owners though if we need red parts  (everything else is already available

As with several others of the Tamiya "colour specials",  Tamiya unfortunately doesn't offer the Black Clod's red parts and black body as spare parts. So for red parts, we'll have to split kits or rely on some sellers who do.

Tamiya legend says that if 4 black clodbusters are seen running together,

It's a sign of the end of the world!!!!!. 

Oh, you've never heard of the 4 black clodbusters of the apocalypse????

Don't tell Chuck Norris whatever you do. :).  :)

Edit to add. Phew, I just checked YouTube and couldn't see 4 together at all. We're safe,......for now.

• Haha 1

What oil filled shocks do people use on their Clods, or is this an unnecessary option?

I have used Traxxas TMaxx shock sets (typically only 1 at each corner, but they sell in packs of 8 on eBay so you have the option) on stock Clods in the past with success.  With all the weight on the axles you could argue the effect isn't great but it does cut down on the slapping associated with the stock friction dampers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I have used Traxxas TMaxx shock sets (typically only 1 at each corner, but they sell in packs of 8 on eBay so you have the option) on stock Clods in the past with success.  With all the weight on the axles you could argue the effect isn't great but it does cut down on the slapping associated with the stock friction dampers.

Yeah ok cheers, it’s probably more about my inability to accept putting friction shocks on anything I build, rather than performance gains. I’ll look into those for sure

6 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Yeah ok cheers, it’s probably more about my inability to accept putting friction shocks on anything I build, rather than performance gains. I’ll look into those for sure

The red springs they come with end up as too much. Two dampers + one spring per corner looks good and works well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

What oil filled shocks do people use on their Clods, or is this an unnecessary option?

I'm going to use the Top Force Rere Hicaps. I bought (5) sets. (1) went to my childhood Topforce, (1) to my Kingcab Project, (2) will go to the Clod after I see how much fun 8 springs are 😁.

• Like 1

Mine arrived today. Loving the artwork on this kit. B)B)

2.thumb.JPG.ef0cd28296001039bf455d1563efde9f.JPG

• Like 4

I just ordered this body for my Clod. Are you all priming than painting black, installing the decals and just clear coat, or black paint on the black body?

On 2/23/2020 at 6:42 AM, Problemchild said:

good for us original owners though if we need red parts  (everything else is already available)

2qytMkL.jpg

Yov1u4b.jpg

Ih41Qow.jpg

hmmmmm red bits :)

JJ

Those are most likely replica Sports Tuned from China. There is a video on you tube.... Slower than the factory silver can.

12k rpm… Tsk Tsk Tsk

On 3/2/2020 at 5:12 AM, mtbkym01 said:

Super Clod and Super Clod Black Ed does not come with oil filled shocks?

1 minute ago, kid168 said:

No, friction shocks have been standard fitment since the original right up to the black edition

6 hours ago, kid168 said:

Those are most likely replica Sports Tuned from China. There is a video on you tube.... Slower than the factory silver can.

12k rpm… Tsk Tsk Tsk

Yup they are defo fake from China 

another TC member is doing some testing 

JJ

I think the poster is asking what aftermarket oil shocks people are buying 

not sure they wanted to know which of the 8 in the box they are using ;)

JJ

No. And these trucks they don't need oil filled shocks either. All the weight is actually on its axles.

• Like 1

I use cheapo 120mm Oilshocks from China.

I use them with very thin oil and soft Springs and one Shock per Wheel.

Soon i will get a Set of 8 super soft Oilshocks with 120mm.

I use very long Shocks and let the Clod a little bit of Sag, so it has negative Dampening for pits. I think its very effective and i love it.

I will post my new Setup when i get my Order.

EDIT:

I`m in search for replacement Motors (forward/reverse Motors).
In that Video the guy says that the new Sport Tuned Motor is really a 23Turn Motor instead of a timed 27Turn Motor. Has anyone an Info if theese new 23 Sport Tuned Motors are suitable for a Clodbuster? That would be awsome!

I just found the Tamiya Motor thread.

Wow there is some really helpful information there!

The GT Tuned Motors are 25 Turns, have a better Tourque and RPM than a Sport Tuned and you can change the Tourque.
According to the Datasheet the Teu106-BK can handle up to 2 25T Motors.

So please correct me if i`m wrog, but i think the Standard ESC can handle these Motors.

I just have to check out a google source of these Motors.

EDIT:

I just ordered 2 of the GT tuned Motors from Hong Kong. They looked legit on the Photos.

Can the TEU106BK ESC of the Clod Buster Black Edition handle 7.4v 40c LiPo batteries? 

From what i heared yes.

But keep in Mind that it has no öow Voltage cut of for Lipos. You will need a Lipo Alarm.