Sign in to follow this  
DGunn1

2018 TTC in a kingcab/monster racer

Hi All,

Query for those who have already done this, how has it worked out, any issues during the upgrade or slipper function with the bigger wheels of the trucks?

....I had a clicking problem with mine that was a problem with the slipper shaft not the actual trans. Solved with a bearing. Zero issues now. It's probably the ideal set up, the gear differential and slipper for the truck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GTodd said:

....I had a clicking problem with mine that was a problem with the slipper shaft not the actual trans. Solved with a bearing. Zero issues now. It's probably the ideal set up, the gear differential and slipper for the truck.

Thanks. Just been having a read of the super astute rere topic, do you have more details of the A3 part replacement with a bearing. Presumably remove the protrusion from the main gear box housing first, but then how many bearings? Do you cut the A3 part down the equivalent of the replacement bearing to keep the overall length the same or space it another way?

Any pics to aid visualisation?

Thanks again

I'll get up a pic for sure. No trimming is needed the one bearing goes right in, and this is only if yours makes a clicking a noise. Mine seemed to be an outlier.