F-150

Cheap brand radios

52 minutes ago, Carrera124 said:

Before today, I've never heard of that brand "Radiopost".

But I cannot find any new items - looks as if they are out of business?

They are the Trackstar branded ones from Hobbyking.

I have two of the flysky fs-gt2b radios, and while good for most things (comes with a li-ion battery you can charge from a micro usb) the range on them is mud. Maybe 80 meters.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, Big Jon said:

Radiopost radios are cheap and work well, without the excessive latency of the FlySky units. They have better ergonomics, too.

If you already have a Futaba, why not just grab another receiver?

Latency eh?  I figured it wouldn't be that great being 65 bucks with receiver. It will probably end up on the shelf and I will get a real Futaba radio like I should of done I guess. I'm giving this cheapo a chance tho....I'll try it out in my blackfoot xtreme.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:06 PM, nbTMM said:

You can do a lot better for not much more. Look into Flysky/Turnigy GT5

Ihave a cheapo  FlySky FS-GT2 that I bought with a Tamiya to get me started a few years ago. Nothing wrong with but just didn’t sit right in my hand. I then later on got a Futaba 3PV for the model memory (up to 10) to accommodate a growing fleet. It feels great in the hand but receiver prices are climbing steadily, and there is no function for a 3 speed if one ever transpired. 
 Now hearing and seeing the FlySky GT5 (20 model memory) I would give this some serious consideration as it is compatible with many FlySky receivers and the 4th channel has a 3 position function. I believe it may even be a similar Transmitter that is used in the HiLux clone after seeing one?

They do look a good deal. 

Radiolink 4RCGS. Very happy with mine. Lot's of functions too. Got mine for $60 with 2 receivers.

I received my FlySky FS-GT-5 and first impressions are....... I dunno yet, but it came in a crushed box as it was never shipped inside a protective package, just wrapped with foil paper. The box looked crushed so bad that I expected the radio to be totally busted, lol. I didn't panic too much because it was very cheap, not hundreds of dollars, but still. I unwrapped it and the radio was fine. 

I'm just going to say it.....It is no Futaba as far as feeling quality, it's light and very tiny like almost a RTR toy radio.  I felt as it should come with a RTR Toy from Walmart. I didn't expect it to be as well made as a Futaba so it doesn't bother me that much. The receiver is very very small as well. I am going to install it in my Blackfoot xtreme to test it out, but I am not confident enough yet to put it in anything very expensive, AKA my Pro-boat.  

It should be a good radio I'm just so used to Futaba stuff, it's all I ever had for radio gear.

Stay Tuned.

• Like 1

I've just replaced my Flysky GT3Cs with some Dumborc X6FG from banggood.

We started getting range issues with the GT3Cs when doing some speed run work, tried different receivers and all had the same issue. May have been a bad batch of GT3Cs. Have done a few sessions and so far the X6 has worked pretty well. Not as many features as the GT3C, but we no longer have range issues.