F-150

Cheap brand radios

52 minutes ago, Carrera124 said:

Before today, I've never heard of that brand "Radiopost".

But I cannot find any new items - looks as if they are out of business?

They are the Trackstar branded ones from Hobbyking.

I have two of the flysky fs-gt2b radios, and while good for most things (comes with a li-ion battery you can charge from a micro usb) the range on them is mud. Maybe 80 meters.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, Big Jon said:

Radiopost radios are cheap and work well, without the excessive latency of the FlySky units. They have better ergonomics, too.

If you already have a Futaba, why not just grab another receiver?

Latency eh?  I figured it wouldn't be that great being 65 bucks with receiver. It will probably end up on the shelf and I will get a real Futaba radio like I should of done I guess. I'm giving this cheapo a chance tho....I'll try it out in my blackfoot xtreme.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:06 PM, nbTMM said:

You can do a lot better for not much more. Look into Flysky/Turnigy GT5

Ihave a cheapo  FlySky FS-GT2 that I bought with a Tamiya to get me started a few years ago. Nothing wrong with but just didn’t sit right in my hand. I then later on got a Futaba 3PV for the model memory (up to 10) to accommodate a growing fleet. It feels great in the hand but receiver prices are climbing steadily, and there is no function for a 3 speed if one ever transpired. 
 Now hearing and seeing the FlySky GT5 (20 model memory) I would give this some serious consideration as it is compatible with many FlySky receivers and the 4th channel has a 3 position function. I believe it may even be a similar Transmitter that is used in the HiLux clone after seeing one?

They do look a good deal.