Doc Hollywood

sand scorcher coil over shock advice please

Hi all

I would like to replace the hard torsion bars on a sand scorcher to make it sit a bit better so it doesn't ware the tires on one side and also to make it ride better i have had a look at eBay and there is only one type in America. i also had an idea of putting springs inside the shocks i don't know weather that is a good idea or not. Any advice or tips are welcomed and appreciated. :)

I fitted 1/18th adjustable coil-over shocks on one of my Scorchers , I haven't run it hard to see how they hold up yet . You can adjust the original torsion bars to remove some of the camber and allow the back to sit lower / tyres flatter on the ground . The old manual used to give this advice .

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/modalpic.asp?img=sandscorcher_manual_03_200.jpg

bottom of page 3

• Like 2

Thank you guys I have tried bending the torsion bars before not a very easy job. I have had a look at the RC channel items they look ace so will probably end up buying the box art front bumper and a set of coil overs. I will add some pictures when the sand scorcher is done but I will be building over Christmas now as have to many projects on the go.:)  

On 11/20/2019 at 9:01 PM, Doc Hollywood said:

Thank you guys I have tried bending the torsion bars before not a very easy job. I have had a look at the RC channel items they look ace so will probably end up buying the box art front bumper and a set of coil overs. I will add some pictures when the sand scorcher is done but I will be building over Christmas now as have to many projects on the go.:)  

You don´t have to bend the Torsion bars itself, just the connecting brass rod.;)

please excuse the mess I have just finished the build on my re release I really like the coil over shocks they make it drive better and also look fantastic. The body was done for my vintage sand scorcher.

330.JPG

332_10[1].jpg

331.JPG

333_20[1].jpg

• Like 1