Busdriver

Midnight Pumpkin/MF-01x

Does anybody know of any reason that these two would not go together. I believe the low ride pumpkin is on the same m chassis as the stock beetle. I realise the rally chassis is rear engined but i dont think that would cause too much of an issue?

10 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Does anybody know of any reason that these two would not go together. I believe the low ride pumpkin is on the same m chassis as the stock beetle. I realise the rally chassis is rear engined but i dont think that would cause too much of an issue?

Hi Bus' - have a look back at my Short Willy (Nailer Scaler mk2) thread where I used the MF-01x chassis underneath the Wild Willy 2 body - it's got all the optional wheelbase lengths listed early on in that thread.

But yes, I can't see any reason why you couldn't match the MF-01x to the 210mm wheelbase of the Pumpkin shell, that MF chassis is probably the most versatile of all the Tamiya block/box chassis in that regard, since it's also nice and low profile.

Jx

• Like 1

interesting. Ill read it properly. Pity the pictures have Photobucketed!!! As It happens I also have a willy body shell with no real plans. My idea is to base as many bodyshells as I can on one chassis, just by changing its lenght. Could be fun

Is there a complete Bodyshell kit available for the Pumpkin or do I have to buy separate parts, if so any idea of a parts list for complete package. Dont need body mounts as will have to be custom.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:59 AM, Busdriver said:

Is there a complete Bodyshell kit available for the Pumpkin or do I have to buy separate parts, if so any idea of a parts list for complete package. Dont need body mounts as will have to be custom.

Yep, it's a shame Photobucket keep messing their old customers around - first they completely hid the photos... then they changed it so if you clicked on the photo it showed you the proper version (on their website), and now they seem to have blurred them with no link.

This is why all my recent builds have photos hosted on Smugmug - I don't mind paying a reasonable amount (as I have to to Smugmug), but the initial $400 a year Photobucket wanted was basically extortion; and while they do now offer a better value package, I don't trust that they won't hold you to ransom again in future too.

As for the Pumpkin - you do get some ebay sellers selling complete set from time to time (there is the chrome version on ebay.com for example now, complete with decals), but in the UK your best bet is probably Tony's Tamiya Parts or similar, and even if you have order each part sprue separately they are not expensive... the Pumpkin set is pretty straightforward - just the main body, the E parts: front grille/headlights and tailgate, the C parts: windows (one piece), and the F parts: chrome bumpers, grille, spot lights... however the roll bar appears to be a separate part.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Jenny x

• Like 1

I don't really know what pinterest is or how it works . But lots of pictures, no written information though.

yes but unless you have an account you cant get in. But I get the idea. Looks good. I think I'm aiming for an early off road truck look. Ive got a set of nice 1.5" beadlocks with tires (real expensive ones) and I think they will look good under a small ute type truck.

16 hours ago, JennyMo said:

Yep, it's a shame Photobucket keep messing their old customers around

I agree. I am or was a long term customer, had an account since 2006 and most of that time a paid for account. I was on an 'old' contract, so the price was quite good. But I've recently taken Photobucket through an appeal with PayPal which I won. I am no longer a customer and got my last subscription fee back.

My main complaints are their main website is often unusable. Far too many ads and pop ups, it would crash Edge browser completely. And if you use an Ad-blocker via Chrome or browsers with in-built Ad-blockers, they started detecting these and preventing you even getting to the login page. As a paying customer I didn't feel it was fair for them to then dictate what browser I used to access their site.