maddad

Any tips for upgrades on bullhead and super clod

Hello, I haven't checked your profile and do not know your experience level, so please excuse if my advice seems ... Basic.  If you are contempl ating buying either of those two trucks consider getting a new kit instead. Prices are down and you will not have previous owner problems to contend with. Assembly is fun and straightforward enough. You will also learn more about the truck through the build to keep it running in the future. 

Otherwise, drive it stock and enjoy it before you determine what direction you want to take. Clod based trucks can take many forms and you won't know which path you want until you bomb it around for a bit. 

Get a basher shell before the hardbody gets all mangled. When shopping for a shell you will be looking for something with a 270 mm wheelbase. If you are after a scale monster truck, MCI has decal packs for the popular ones and the Traxxas classic  Bigfoot also has a suitable wheelbase AFAIK.

For a stock clod the only must have upgrades are bearings and steel pinions.

They are pretty sedate when stock but good fun none the less.

For a boost in performance the stock silver cans, a hobbywing 880 ESC and 3s lipo are more than adequate.

Stock steering is laughable, but it does kinda work and it's part of the clods charm. I've left mine as per the manual.

Gets the truck where it needs to be eventually!😁

As above, ball bearings and steel pinions. Get the aluminum anti-rotational brackets too, as most people tend to break these as well.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Hello, I haven't checked your profile and do not know your experience level, so please excuse if my advice seems ... Basic.  If you are contempl ating buying either of those two trucks consider getting a new kit instead. Prices are down and you will not have previous owner problems to contend with. Assembly is fun and straightforward enough. You will also learn more about the truck through the build to keep it running in the future. 

Otherwise, drive it stock and enjoy it before you determine what direction you want to take. Clod based trucks can take many forms and you won't know which path you want until you bomb it around for a bit. 

Get a basher shell before the hardbody gets all mangled. When shopping for a shell you will be looking for something with a 270 mm wheelbase. If you are after a scale monster truck, MCI has decal packs for the popular ones and the Traxxas classic  Bigfoot also has a suitable wheelbase AFAIK.

Thanks for advice brought both on ebay for 100 each the superclod has been modded big time servos on both axles and a ton of upgrades the bullhead is original still has msc do u think its worth leaving as standard 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bromley said:

For a stock clod the only must have upgrades are bearings and steel pinions.

They are pretty sedate when stock but good fun none the less.

For a boost in performance the stock silver cans, a hobbywing 880 ESC and 3s lipo are more than adequate.

Stock steering is laughable, but it does kinda work and it's part of the clods charm. I've left mine as per the manual.

Gets the truck where it needs to be eventually!😁

Thanks have got bearings on order the bullhead is 100% original mite leave it as it is put it in loft and leave it for 20years 

10 hours ago, berman said:

As above, ball bearings and steel pinions. Get the aluminum anti-rotational brackets too, as most people tend to break these as well.

Thanks for advice