junkmunki

Any love for the Tamtech models?

As a collector of vintage tamiya models and accessories, I sometimes come across the Tamtech kits. I had always dismissed them as being too toy like, but I recently came across an unmade Tamtech Lotus kit, and when I really looked at it, apart from the scale, there really isn't much difference between these models and their bigger counterparts.

I'm starting to come around to the idea of collecting these kits now. Does anyone else here collect or have a love of these?

J

I think they look fantastic and some of the bodies are almost scale model quality. I wish they made some of the shells at the Tamtech scale in 1:10 versions.

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

what scale are they?

They are 1/14 scale, so just a bit smaller than the regular models. They are all on road kits too.

J

The F1's are 1/14th scale. The normal race cars are 1/24th scale. And ofcourse there's the later TamTech Series cars that are about 1/16th scale

The 1/14 F1 cars are cool.  However you’re limited by the chassis design. They fit the Tamtech CPR radio gear perfectly as well as the little 6 cell tampack is needed as fits perfectly in the chassis. Any other radio gear would be an exercise in experimentation.   Parts will be difficult to source. They are super cool to run though

C303D2D3-E2A7-4D56-A0A9-CEB124788D8C_zps

4640324C-3E67-40A7-9D5B-3724090C34F1_zps

6 hours ago, Shodog said:

The 1/14 F1 cars are cool.  However you’re limited by the chassis design. They fit the Tamtech CPR radio gear perfectly as well as the little 6 cell tampack is needed as fits perfectly in the chassis. Any other radio gear would be an exercise in experimentation.   Parts will be difficult to source. They are super cool to run though

C303D2D3-E2A7-4D56-A0A9-CEB124788D8C_zps

4640324C-3E67-40A7-9D5B-3724090C34F1_zps

Thats a nice trio you have there...

I'm coming around to the idea of them.

J