Sign in to follow this  
Juggular

Can you bend body posts with heat?

I'm thinking about a ghetto mod for a TL01B body post.  Bend, cut, flatten with heat.

Body posts are not ABS, so I don't know if it can be done?  Anybody tried it?

I've tried to bend most things with heat , some work , some don't . I guess it depends on how far you need to bend it . I would suggest a little bending at a time rather than a whole / full bend in one go , and possibly  'overbend' as I find some plastics can try to spring back to their original state  - some plastics have a 'memory'

• Thanks 1

Now, that is as straight an answer as I can get (about bending)!!  

Thank you guys for the tips too.  I'll try with a hair dryer, cautiously.  

• Like 1

I use an adjustable electric paint stripper heat gun , it gives more heat than a hair drier if needed - and I don't have to fight the other half for the hair drier ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

I use an adjustable electric paint stripper heat gun , it gives more heat than a hair drier if needed - and I don't have to fight the other half for the hair drier ;)

And if it sucks in the paint you where just using in the shed at the same time you don’t have to explain the TS41 all over the back of the hair dryer... (or make the job cost $60 more for a new hair dryer....:rolleyes:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Juls1 said:

And if it sucks in the paint you where just using in the shed at the same time you don’t have to explain the TS41 all over the back of the hair dryer... (or make the job cost $60 more for a new hair dryer....:rolleyes:)

I had to look that up, it seemed familiar. At least you decorated the dryer with a nice color.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

I had to look that up, it seemed familiar. At least you decorated the dryer with a nice color.

Good thing we don't need a mascara wand to heat stuff up.  My wife would come out of the bathroom with silver lashes, and I'd be in the dog house for the rest of the year.  

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Good thing we don't need a mascara wand to heat stuff up

Not sure what that is , was it in Harry Potter

• Haha 1