Sign in to follow this  
Boomerang_kid

4 or 6 channel transmitter recommendations

Hi folks,

"My kids" are buying/bought me a Mountain Rider for xmas and was after some recommendations for a 6 or 4 channel radio set. I was looking at a Flysky FS-i6X 2.4GHz 6CH/10CH AFHDS as it was cheap but what do others recommend? 

I can't wait to build this as I always wanted one as a kid in 1986/7!!!! LOL!

Cheers

Leon

I have the FS-i6 (the original, not the X as I didn't need 10 channels and the X was about US$20 more).  It works great.  I'm using it in a yacht but my son made a tank  with dual ESC/motors and it was easy to program to make that work.

I think a few others use them as they prefer sticks and I haven't seen any complaints.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I have the FS-i6 (the original, not the X as I didn't need 10 channels and the X was about US$20 more).  It works great.  I'm using it in a yacht but my son made a tank  with dual ESC/motors and it was easy to program to make that work.

I think a few others use them as they prefer sticks and I haven't seen any complaints.

I might give sticks a go, something different as I have always used a wheel transmitter.

16 hours ago, Boomerang_kid said:

Hi folks,

"My kids" are buying/bought me a Mountain Rider for xmas and was after some recommendations for a 6 or 4 channel radio set. I was looking at a Flysky FS-i6X 2.4GHz 6CH/10CH AFHDS as it was cheap but what do others recommend? 

I can't wait to build this as I always wanted one as a kid in 1986/7!!!! LOL!

Cheers

Leon

I have the FS-i6 (don't think it is the X version). I use it with some of my RC cars such as my Konghead and my Arrma Raider BLX. I bought it because Rx's are cheap and available for it. It will also bind with older RX's too, although I had to find a YouTube vid to figure out how.

Overall I have no complaints with it. Ok it might look a little plasticky, but it feels fine to use. The menu system is a bit weird too, you have to hold Cancel rather than Enter to actually confirm selections when switching models and things.

It has a ratchet left stick as you'd get on a plane/helicopter, i.e. it holds position rather than self centering. You can buy a kit off ebay to make it self centre however. I did buy this, but have actually never fitted it, I found it was actually quite natural to manually pull the stick back anyway. Just make sure you don't knock it by accident though.

For the money I would certain recommend.

• Like 1

I use the Absima CR6P which has a three position toggle on it and end point adjustment which I use on my Bruiser and other cars as it has lots of memory slots too.

Only thing is you have to make sure you use the R6FS SVC compatible receivers