Problemchild

Black Friday Deals

Anyone spotted any sites with decent black Friday deals?

please say if they are UK, EU or USA?

i know modelsport have got 3 pages listed but I’m not convinced they are deals

JJ

13 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Anyone spotted any sites with decent black Friday deals?

please say if they are UK, EU or USA?

i know modelsport have got 3 pages listed but I’m not convinced they are deals

JJ

I was thinking that about modelsport black Friday deals (I must say though I have a lot of time for modelsport they do give me brilliant service when I use them)......but I'm sure that the % off is no different from the special deals they have all year round🤔

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, moffman said:

I was thinking that about modelsport black Friday deals (I must say though I have a lot of time for modelsport they do give me brilliant service when I use them)......but I'm sure that the % off is no different from the special deals they have all year round🤔

I spotted that. I wish Modelsport would just do maybe 10% off a single order on Black Friday. I'd definitely spend a little...

• Like 1

Sadly the Modelsport "deals" appear to be no different to their current sale price. I've been eyeing an Egress and got excited when I saw it in their Black Friday section. It's exactly the same price as it has been on their site. Weirdly the Couger KC went from £189 to £199?! Not knocking them as I've used them lots, but does seem a bit disingenuous.. 

• Like 1

I generally use Tamico or RCJaz to buy kits these days. They seem to be the cheapest and excellent service received from both. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Sadly the Modelsport "deals" appear to be no different to their current sale price. I've been eyeing an Egress and got excited when I saw it in their Black Friday section. It's exactly the same price as it has been on their site. Weirdly the Couger KC went from £189 to £199?! Not knocking them as I've used them lots, but does seem a bit disingenuous.. 

Most Black Friday deals are disingenuous in my experience. Artificially inflated prices before hand or end of line products due to be replaced.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, acprc said:

Most Black Friday deals are disingenuous in my experience. Artificially inflated prices before hand or end of line products due to be replaced.

I agree plus that's the retail business for you but if you're going to do a "Black Friday" special it's probably best to be aware that people are pretty savvy to prices before hand. I'm sure most of us track a particular model that we're after and wait for the best price we can afford, or maybe that's just me! 

2 hours ago, acprc said:

I think you've just hit the nail on the head! It's the Amazon world we live in unfortunately.......all cloak and daggers with a hint of smoke screen! And People are literally buying into it!🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

The Egress is currently £350, I'm sure it was £400 before., anyway-  can't see it cheaper anywhere else. Good price.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

The Egress is currently £350, I'm sure it was £400 before., anyway-  can't see it cheaper anywhere else. Good price.

Fair enough, had only seen it at £350. 

I hope for MCI Jumping again into Black Friday, hopefully 10% off on all orders… Need some Astute stickers.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Amazon is awesome for Black Friday deals

use camel camel camel to check price history if you are unsure 

JJ

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

I hope for MCI Jumping again into Black Friday, hopefully 10% off on all orders… Need some Astute stickers.:rolleyes:

They did last year I got a good set of avante decals👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Amazon is awesome for Black Friday deals

use camel camel camel to check price history if you are unsure 

JJ

So did the high street at one time! I can honestly say I've never bought anything of Amazon! Tax avoidance, low paid jobs zero hours........na don't sit well with me!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Not really a , black Friday deal, just a dark day, Inside Line models in the UK announced it was stopping trading, and 40% off sale.

https://www.insidelinemodels.com/

I have 250 RC cars, based in the UK and I have been collecting for 20 odd years. I have never heard of them! Interesting as I buy from lots of UK stores. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, moffman said:

So did the high street at one time! I can honestly say I've never bought anything of Amazon! Tax avoidance, low paid jobs zero hours........na don't sit well with me!

Because highstreet companies are so much more honourable - cough bhs ;)

then you have the corrupt parking companies who will clamp you or tow your car at any opportunity. Then you have shop lifters, muggers, professional theives - haha

plus the high street invented 0 hour jobs and minimum wage jobs 

JJ

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

Because highstreet companies are so much more honourable - cough bhs ;)

then you have the corrupt parking companies who will clamp you or tow your car at any opportunity. Then you have shop lifters, muggers, professional theives - haha

plus the high street invented 0 hour jobs and minimum wage jobs 

JJ

We could go on and on and on!😄 ( but this isn't a forum for that) and your not wrong about bhs but it's the shop worker's and their pensions that sticks with me on that one🙁 all I know is I don't use Amazon and I'm certain I've never missed out on anything!, apparently it was a company called autoclenz that used the first zero-hour although it wasn't called zero hours that was the name given to casual work in the UK so I'm thinking autoclenz wasn't a UK company and so it goes on people disputing etc etc!

9 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Not really a , black Friday deal, just a dark day, Inside Line models in the UK announced it was stopping trading, and 40% off sale.

https://www.insidelinemodels.com/

Yet another one bits the dust that's just a black day😞 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, acprc said:

I have 250 RC cars, based in the UK and I have been collecting for 20 odd years. I have never heard of them! Interesting as I buy from lots of UK stores. 

They where one of the UK's distributors for PR Racing, delt primarily with racing (inside line). I've never bought direct from the shop, but where present at race meetings, and our PR drivers carried tyre stock (and other spares, but would order on request).

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:04 AM, acprc said:

This is a good point - neither have I and now looking at their defunct website it looks like they would have been a good source of spares. There is a smallish hobby shop that I visit ocasionally when I visit my parents and when I search their webpage directly they almost always have what im looking for listed. When I google the part I want and filter it to uk results - nothing. Their shop doesnt appear. I know nothing about how google works but assume shops would have to pay google to appear in the search results??? And that smaller hobby shops cant afford to do this.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 11:57 PM, Losi XXT-CR said:

Is it me or is it a week too early for Black Friday???

I knew I was right! Me and the wife had a discussion about this and I said it was 29th Nov but she convinced me it was the 22nd..........anyway no matter when it is it's all smoke and mirrors! 

• Like 1

In the BBC new today it  says Which discovered only 1 in 20 offers was really a genuine Black Friday deal ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 2