Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

I don’t know what to buy next...

Afternoon,

Im getting the urge to buy another touring car chassis, although I don’t know which one to go for. I’ve narrowed it down to these three;

XV01 TC Pro - A bit quirky with its front motor 4wd setup, which I like.

TA07 Pro - Just looks cool and is likely the best of the three anyway.

TB05 Pro - Also looks cool.

The likelihood is I’ll never actually use it. I enjoy the build and then it goes back in its box. Which one am I going to enjoy building (and possibly spending more money on needless hop ups) the most?

Cheers,

Sammo

• Like 1

XV01 will probably be the most entertaining build, although the chassis really isn't very attractive. 

TA07 is very attractive and has some interesting features, but the build is pretty easy and doesn't take long enough.

TB05 I'd rank the same as TA07, just shaft drive.

I always feel like the build is complete too soon, and am always trying to stretch it out a little longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Jon said:

XV01 will probably be the most entertaining build, although the chassis really isn't very attractive. 

TA07 is very attractive and has some interesting features, but the build is pretty easy and doesn't take long enough.

TB05 I'd rank the same as TA07, just shaft drive.

I always feel like the build is complete too soon, and am always trying to stretch it out a little longer.

Then Tb05 Pro is the choice. After some time you can take it out of the box and rebuild to another motor position layout. :lol:

• Like 1

Among the three I'd probably go with the TB05 (Pro as what @ruebiracer suggested) too. But if I may add to your choices, I'd add the TA-05 ver 2R. The IFS is really cool and works really nice too.

• Like 2

To be helpful, Tamiyausa had the TRF419, TB Evo etc on runout sales. I think the TRF419XR was US325and the 419X and 419 were cheaper...

As above, if you like the build and want to take it apart and rebuild, the TB05 is the pick. It is very simple to change the motor position in the TA07. I liked the build of the TA07, it went together really nicely and the TB05 will be the same. If  yoy stick with the Pro then there are heaps of hopups too.

• Haha 1