Shodog

Shodog’s Traxxas Slash VXL

Couple of weeks ago I picked this up. Been running it on 3s and it’s a blast. This morning there was a light snow outside the hotel so I had to take it for a run. 

4238A5F0-97D8-4406-932F-5B6488A58628_zps

• Like 2

I’ve been flogging this truck pretty hard for the last year. I have to say That after the huge disappointment my Traxxas UDR is, I’m really impressed with this Slash.  3s coupled with the VXL brushless hurls this truck into some major crashes.  So far collateral damage has been an upgrade to MIP rear driveshafts, a new spur gear and switching the suspension arms for ones from RPM.  The stock body shows the scars of my reckless driving  

001(8).jpg

I was lucky enough to get a slash body painted by Andy Jacobsen. 

E5BB80CE-44B7-428A-B038-B97B0490F12A_zps

E73FD52C-8615-4D91-A29B-31E772B88B6C_zps

This body is a work of R/C art so no way I’m gonna run it.

While I was in Colorado last year I picked up a Proline Baja Bug body.  Finally got around to painting it this weekend.  I’ve been wanting to try Translucent green on a body and I figured this would be a perfect canvas. 

001(7).jpg

001(6).jpg

001(5).jpg

The green backed with gold looks really nice. I may use it for other projects. 

• Like 4

prefer the lines of the Baja, like an old school baja beach *******

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baddon said:

prefer the lines of the Baja, like an old school baja beach *******

I prefer the look of the Baja bug to the Short course body.  I ran it around my street before it started raining. Love how it squats and the front wheels balloon on acceleration

Took it to the beach yesterday and had a blast with it.  The sunset was beautiful. 

001(21).jpg

001(19).jpg

001(20).jpg

• Like 3

You’ve left some tyre marks on the sand with a few different cars up to now haven’t you 😉

Nice spot to be. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

You’ve left some tyre marks on the sand with a few different cars up to now haven’t you 😉

Nice spot to be. 

You’re right I have ran quite a few vehicles on the beach. My girl loves the beach so I’ve been buying things that keep me occupied while she soaks up the sun. 

• Like 1

Got some new rubber today. A set of Proline badlands for the dirt and some proline sling shot paddles for the beach. It so much fun with the paddles

001(30).jpg

001(31).jpg

001(32).jpg

• Like 4

I’ve been having too much fun with it.

001(42).jpg

The beach runs were the final blow and has taken its toll on the parts. Rear bearings were shot.

001(41).jpg

Front caster block lost one of the king pin screws. Along with the drive shafts getting sloppy. 

001(40).jpg

A set front mip driveshafts along with new bearings are in order. 

001(39).jpg

001(36).jpg

I’ve been chewing through spur gears and I suspect plastic flex so I went with an HR aluminum motor mount which also has the larger main bearing.  

001(38).jpg

A new spur gear and I dropped two teeth on the pinion cause the motor has been getting burning hot and going into thermal shutdown.

001(37).jpg

001(22).HEIC

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:18 PM, Shodog said:

Took it to the beach yesterday and had a blast with it.  The sunset was beautiful. 

001(21).jpg

001(19).jpg

001(20).jpg

Your dedicated bashing body to preserve he work of art is, itself, a work of art . 

On 5/3/2021 at 7:12 PM, Dakratfink said:

Your dedicated bashing body to preserve he work of art is, itself, a work of art . 

Thanks for the compliment. The gold and red paint were left overs from other projects.  Honestly I wanted to see how the combo of translucent green and gold would turn out.  I like to try out paint colors on bodies I don’t care about before committing to bodies I do.