Sign in to follow this  
Killajb

XB Blackfoot

Question:  Would you purchase an XB Blackfoot..?

I saw one at my LHS today.  Price was up there, but not quite stratospheric.  I have a Monster Beetle all done up with mild brushless/MIP diff already.. and wondered about this.  Would an XB version with a stock silver can develop diff issues..?  I'm all ears if anyone would like to chime in and talk me out of this..

I would almost guarantee it will have the same diff issues! It's the same rc truck just made in house!

My wife (of all people) talked me back off the ledge.  I guess the appeal was to have a Blackfoot that is a genuine "box art" display.  But who are we kidding?  I'm going to run it.  Indeed.. if the diff issues arise I would be seeking MIP for another cure.  

The counter argument was this: I can buy a Blackfoot kit, full bearings, MIP diff and a radio w/ esc and 20-turn black can motor for around the same price as the XB.  She opined, "wouldn't you rather build it yourself anyway and make it the way you like?"..  Indeed I would.

• Like 1

See we keep kidding ourselves but the wife's always right (like it or not) also I think the body on the XB isn't painted just decals applied because its meant for people who just want to charge and destroy (play)

@moffman I hear ya.  I lucked out and married a good one, don't mind admitting that she's right most of the time.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, Killajb said:

@moffman I hear ya.  I lucked out and married a good one, don't mind admitting that she's right most of the time.  

When you've built it we need to see it (those the rules;)

Its an honor to abide by the rules lol.  Mind you, I build a bit slow and methodical so it will take awhile.  Just finishing the last details of the interior on my Blitzer Beetle and I'll start on this one over the winter holidays.  

Speaking of that.. I suppose I should drop some pics of my Blitzer Beetle in the thread I asked for input as well..  

• Like 1

Cool just love any type of tamiya VW👍 I've just finished a blitzer beetle it's the second blitzer beetle I built the first one on its maiden outing school boy error I had the reverse on the throttle and it hit the corner of the patio door at full speed totally destroying the body😖 but this one is a shelf queen 

20191109_195000.jpg

While the XB looks painted, it’s black. No use in paying such a premium for a lame black paint job

If it were me, I’d buy the kit and goodies and paint it myself. 

9E0EA820-7678-4838-B86B-A1BD2FC4C19E_zps

• Like 1

Fantastic looking rig Moffman!!  I too am a fiend for Tamiya VWs (own Monster Beetle, Blitzer, VW Beetle classic).  Here's s snap of my Blitzer in progress.  I've since finished up the paint and installed a light kit with Willie at the helm.  My phone has a horrible camera and I've ordered an upgrade which is due to arrive next week.  I'll (hopefully) get better quality photos of the finished product.

Shodog, I couldn't agree with you more.  I love everything about that modded Blackfoot, the chrome chassis, paint scheme and of course those awesome wheels.  It's part of what steered me away from purchasing the XB version.  I now have a theme in mind for the new 'foot's paint scheme....

line_1573302283798.jpg

• Like 2