rjoseph244510

RCMart.com?

Hi guys

Can i just ask if anyone based in the UK has purchased from a website called rcmart.com? I have found a kit I would like to purchase from them but I am unsure if it's ok to proceed through them. If you could let me know and maybe share your experience then that would be much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Rod

I have ordered tons of small things and not had any problems.

I haven't ordered any kits or other large items though.

Yep, loads of times, no problems at all.

Just bear in mind you might get stung for import duties etc. when it hits the UK (UK fees, nothing to do with RCMart)
These usually amount to around 20% plus a customs clearing fee of around £13 IIRC

Charges from that side of the world aren't that common, but still a possibility worth considering.

If it still looks like a good deal with the possibility of those charges factored in, go for it.

Check out Fusion Hobbies and Tamico.de too - Fusion offer TC members a 5% discount and Tamico have pretty keen pricing (with no import duties as they're in Europe)

• Like 1

Get stuff sent to Australia all the time, you won’t have any probs with rcmart themselves. Can’t comment on taxes in your country though. 

I have ordered from this site many times and I just made new orders just yesterday as well.

Just check that it is actually cheaper. Longer shipping times should be expected. I've personally never bought anything, as when I've priced it up, it has never really turn out to be worth any saving. So might as well buy more local with 1-2 delivery.

I've placed 8-10 orders with RCMart, either direct or via eBay, mostly for small items but one for an order of lots of bits and bobs worth (redacted!!) Euros and they've all arrived in the UK pretty quickly and I've not yet been hit by customs charges. But as others have said, factor in the potential 20% VAT charge and if it still looks like a good deal, go for it.

I've also used RCjaz.co.uk plenty of times too, with the same positive results. For kits their p&p seems cheaper than RCMart. Their customer services team are also really helpful, moreso than RCMart. As a result I recently ordered two kits from them, which are on their way. Again, if I get charged by customs then I'm still in a good place, but we'll see how it goes!

RCMart is one of the best. I've purchased many rc related items from them. I ordered my Egress from them and recently Hicaps, "they" always package their shipments in heavy duty corrugate boxes with heavy duty packaging to protect the goods. RCmart is my first stop when looking for a Tamiya item. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I've also used RCjaz.co.uk plenty of times too, with the same positive results. For kits their p&p seems cheaper than RCMart. Their customer services team are also really helpful, moreso than RCMart. As a result I recently ordered two kits from them, which are on their way. Again, if I get charged by customs then I'm still in a good place, but we'll see how it goes!

Just curious, are you able to offer any examples of good deals? Just priced up a Bull Head, which looks good value at first. But the cheapest shipping option makes it only £4 cheaper than you can get it delivered for in the UK. With the risk of import tax & duty, it would seem risky for such a small saving.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Just curious, are you able to offer any examples of good deals? Just priced up a Bull Head, which looks good value at first. But the cheapest shipping option makes it only £4 cheaper than you can get it delivered for in the UK. With the risk of import tax & duty, it would seem risky for such a small saving.

I'll wait and see how this latest order gets on before I tempt fate, but will get back to you ;-) 

27 minutes ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

And don't get me wrong, I use Modelsport, Timetunnel and Fusion more often than not and they are all fantastic, but there are just certain things (esp. damper sets, differentials, universal joints) which are markedly cheaper overseas

For small parts that don't attract duty rcmart are brilliant. For kits for uk import its more marginal as you will pay at least £20 handling / duty, then 20% on top of that. The TA06 i bought in the summer was £106 on the site, which attracted me, but once i had paid shipping and vat at this end it was nearer £175 all in. Despite the fact i sold the shell on reflection i should have just got a TA07 for 175!

I've also bought a bunch of smaller things from rcmart and had no problems. Only ended up paying import fee/duty once.
One order from abroad took a while to arrive, most things have arrived reasonably fast for the distance.

If I can get something in the UK or the EU for close to the price I tend to do that, but some things can be a chunk cheaper and I may not need them soon.

RCMart.com began its life as "dinball" on ebay.  It was one of the starters of 3rd party aluminum parts from Hong Kong.  (I wonder if anybody remembers their trademark of "pack-man with hair?") 

hMnHBGH.jpg

I've been ordering sporadically since 2001 or 2002.  My last order was M07 two months ago, for USD 167.  Arrived safely in 10 days. 

RC Jaz is pretty good too.  For those in U.S., after Tamiya dropped MAP (minimum advertising price), US sellers now sell M07 for $160.  But depending on where you live, there will be a state tax from 5%- 9%.  Pennsylvania charges 5% even if you order from Towerhobbies in Chicago.  No tax for Hong Kong.  RC Jaz offers M07 for $159.  RC Mart is $165.  

• Like 3

Yes, i'm in the UK and have used them 3 or 4 times a year every year for the last few years and never had a single issue. Never been stung with duty either touch wood - which i have been a few times on bits ordered from Japan.

• Like 2

Hi guys

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and giving me added advice.

I was just about to make the purchase from RCMart but found the same kit on RCJaz (kindly suggested by Juhunio)Therefore, I have taken the plunge and purchased from RCJaz - fingers crossed!

Thanks again

Rod

• Like 2

I am not from the UK, but from the other side of the pond we call North Sea. From the Netherlands. Even so, I think I can give you an answer. 
I have been ordering from their previous Dinball webshop and Ebay store since 2003 for many times as well from their RCmart webshop and Ebay store. 
I think close to 100 orders. Never had a problem with them. 

There is over times something that has changed. On the positive site, delivery times seem to go down and down. Meaning it was pretty normal to have to wait for a order 2-6 weeks. 
I now usually have to wait 3-14 days. Often that is faster as when I order it localy.

What is a bit less is that even prices are usualy very low. Shipping costs over the years have gone up. It is something that is not RCmart specific, it kinda is for all China/Hongkong based shops. 
And certain brands are not allowed to be shipped to certain countries, meaning you sometimes cannot buy that. I haven't had that problem with Tamiya yet, but they are for instance not alloud to ship Traxxas RTR and kits to the Netherlands and some other countries. 
Shipping costs used to be free way back in 2003-2006, but have gone up as said since then. Meaning more and more a RTR or kit is just about the same price if you add up all the costs as when you buy it localy. 
I do not know how it is for the UK, but for some other countries like the Netherlands chances you also have to pay customs have increased over the years. So you have to count that in when buying more expensive stuff.

Then why buy at RCmart? Well, for these reasons:
- Fast delivery
- They have stuff you can not get anywhere else
- They show how much is in stock (which is so often not showed in webshops)
- very good service
- very cheap prices

Tip! They still often have free shipping on certain items. Order those seperate from your other orders. So make a multi order. Otherwise you loose the free shipping and it even ads up to the shipping costst as weight goes up. Plus multiple orders mean less wait, less shipping costs and less change of beeing hit by customs costs. 

• Like 3

True - its also worth checking their ebay shop too. I have sometimes found the item i want from them listed with free postage whereas on the main site postage was almost as much as the parts.

• Like 1

RCmart is my go to hobby store as choices for Tamiya related items in Malaysia are pretty limited.

Yes, that is also true. Aswell as sometimes something is out of stock on their webshop, but still in stock at their Ebay store. They seem to keep stock seperate for both. 

What I more and more seem to do is get a item in my shopping basket on their webshop, then go trough the buying proces untill shipping costs are shown. 
That way you know the total costs for something. They also show how much weight there is left withing that shipping cost range. 

I usually buy smaller parts from them. But it all depends what my budget is at that moment and how stock is in other shops.
Tamico is also always on my list as wel as some local shops and some in the UK. 

It is just that with kits and RTRs the costs often add up these days. Last week I was in the market for a 3Racing Ex Real crawler kit. 
RCmart price was 138 euro, but with shipping costs it went to 199 euro. Risk of customs, possible adding close to 30% extra costs. 
I ended up buying it from Hobbyking for 170 euro, free shipping from their EU warehouse, located in the Netherlands. 

On the other hand. I recently bought a full metric MIP Tools set, 80% was ordered from RCmart. In multible orders to save shipping costs.
A lot of MIP items had free shipping and reduced pricing, not all. So it was just a mather of beeing clever when ordering.
Most importantly, they had almost everything in stock and overall I saved around 150 euro because of their cheaper pricing. The rest i bought from Ebay stores and ModelSport. 

My point. They are great, just make sure they are cheaper or like me buy there because they have it on stock. 

• Like 1

Should say shipping was my estimate. May be higher. Having said that the only available Custom lifts outside HK/China are nearly £200:angry:

Shipping is 66$ so total cost £149.36. This is from RCMart.com

Just ordered Amarok Custom lift from RCMart. Will let you know when it arraves what the outcome is. It all depends on what RCMart declare as its value!!!!!