rjoseph244510

RCMart.com?

I've used them quite a lot, they carry a lot of brands that aren't readily available to people in the UK like holmes hobbies and crawler innovations for roughly the same price as people in the USA get them for. Plus you don't have to pay the ridiculous postage costs for getting stuff sent from America. 

• Like 1

I'm in the UK and used them more times then i can remember. This includes Tamiya kits. Never and issues the most ive waited for delivery is 10 days which is great. Quickest is 4 days!

Couldnt recomend them enough :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 53HRA said:

This includes Tamiya kits

Did you end up paying VAT and Duty?

I just bought Top-Force kit from RCmart, the biggest reason was that it was not available in Norway at the time (i now see that 1 local store have it back i stock). That went smooth and they pack the product carefully (that is a huge bonus in my book). 

In short RCmart are professionals as long as you are a reasonable customer you will be taken good care off. I would say they are among the fastest to send the products after order ar payed if you order within their working hours (which in Norway is in the middle of the night)

I like rcmart over rcjaz, rcjaz the freight is normally more and they often don’t ship for 3-4 days. 

if I order regular from rcmart it’s usually shipped in 1-2 days and arrives in 10 days or so, if I order EMS, they usually ship same day and it arrives in 5 days or less. 

I cannot answer the question regarding value written on box as I always get it shipped with invoice which means it’s fully valued. If you ship without invoice maybe it’s different. I think as a rule they ship minus the invoice.

for most of us the price isn’t really the issue (as the base price and freight is always competitive for what your ordering anyway) the issue is that they are the only place most of us can get Tamiya related items from reliably and quickly. In particularly parts. 

if that means you gotta pay some local tax then do be it. Fact is if your buying locally your paying that tax anyway.

Juls

Following on from this I today received my Amarok Custom lift from RCmart. First thing to note is the quality of packaging. Branded box and really sturdy

IMG_1745.JPG.30f7feb76c5ace753afcee0081ee5f9d.JPG

More importantly and the initial point of this thread is the shipping label!!!!  I paid $157.61/£120.98 inc p&p fom Hong Kong for the  Amarok. The cheapest elsewhere that I have found  was just shy of £200 + shipping. Not bad I hear you say but what about the import tax and VAT. Well here's the best bit ZERO. Now look at the shipping label

IMG_1743.JPG.d6a0d5e6a2c70c1f5f5edd4ace8ef819.JPG

As you will see RCmart have declared it a a) toys, b) value 50HKD and C) a gift. I'm delighted as I was expecting to pay at least the VAT? What does surprise me is ho many packages come into East Midlands airport on a freight plane from RCmart each day/week. Are they all under 50HKD and gifts!!! Anyhow it answers some of the quetions from above. Would I order fro RCmart again 100% yes.

157.61 120.98

• Like 3

Dunno if I'd be crowing about getting off taxfree, the day before Brexit!! :P boris might come lurking on here looking for ways to prevebt revenue loss! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Dunno if I'd be crowing about getting off taxfree, the day before Brexit!! :P boris might come lurking on here looking for ways to prevebt revenue loss! 

Nah, everyone knows Boris builds model buses in his spare time, not Tamiya models :) 

• Haha 1

Just had an email from RCmart that my order is cancelled as Hong Kong post is no longer shipping to the UK :( :( :(

Booooo

38 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Just had an email from RCmart that my order is cancelled as Hong Kong post is no longer shipping to the UK :( :( :(

Booooo

I have been expecting that for a while. I have checked and don't have an email so hopefully the very small order i made 10 days ago is on it's way. 

I have an order form abput 2 weeks ago which has been in international departure simce 27/3. Am hoping it will appear soon, its the last parts for the Super Astute. Haven't heard they're not shipping down here yet

The mail system worldwide is stuffed right now, Australia post have cancelled all international economy air freight because there is no planes to put it on.  

pretty much in the current climate it’s either EMS/courier or don’t bother. Forget cheap free air freight for the next 6-12 months. I’m experiencing 2-3 weeks to get stuff from the other side of Australia right now, and it’s only a 5 hour flight.

so, given everything that’s happening we gotta be patient. 

• Like 1

I have two orders showing as 'shipped'

One from the 17th 

The other from the 31st :wacko:

I probably won't see them until June I'm guessing...

On 1/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, Busdriver said:

Just ordered Amarok Custom lift from RCMart. Will let you know when it arraves what the outcome is. It all depends on what RCMart declare as its value!!!!!

Like many on this thread, I've used RCMart for a long long time, many orders, never any customs for parts as well as kits coming into the UK. There's a notes section in their checkout area where I typically type 'please mark value no greater than 15 USD', though I think they mark values low anyway as otherwise we would't buy from them and they'd lose a ton of overseas customers. Stella Models is another 'friendly' one on the customs side of things - I've had mainly kits from them over the years.

Useful thread for all us international buyers!

Not RCMart, but this is the best declaration I have received :lol:

IMG_20150720_183752_671.md.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I was looking at RCMart and all of a sudden their Tamiya kits are very inexpensive.  So a Super Clod Buster is going for $275 USD average while RCMart has it for around $210 USD. But now they are sending everything via air parcel which adds around $95 shipping so the savings disappear.  Doesn't seem to be worth ordering stuff international right now.  Although I have recently made several orders on eBay from the UK but I don't think those will be problematic.  Still waiting for Tower Hobbies to get a Monster Beetle in...

2 hours ago, A-Baum said:

I was looking at RCMart and all of a sudden their Tamiya kits are very inexpensive.  So a Super Clod Buster is going for $275 USD average while RCMart has it for around $210 USD. But now they are sending everything via air parcel which adds around $95 shipping so the savings disappear.  Doesn't seem to be worth ordering stuff international right now.  Although I have recently made several orders on eBay from the UK but I don't think those will be problematic.  Still waiting for Tower Hobbies to get a Monster Beetle in...

I've noticed most online retailers at the moment are getting expensive with the rc kits! I bought the super astute early lat week for £219 (not particularly cheap IMO) that was the cheapest but same retailer I got it off is now £249 I was also looking at the blackfoot aswell until that went up in price! So that's me done with the kit builds for now!

Exchange rates, even before the Covid-19 situation, had already changed the international buying game over the past 5+ years to make things more expensive, as well as escalating shipping costs and increased possibility of customs charges. The decision to buy locally vs. from Far East is much more in the balance these days, at least with some kits & parts, so being sure about the customs aspect (i.e. choose seller carefully) as well as bundling several purchases together is now more part of the game of 'buying well'. 

I just wish there were more options in the USA for hobbying.  Tower Hobbies is ok but getting a Tamiya parts tree almost certainly means getting it overseas.  I don't know why TH won't carry much of that stuff or if anyone in the US does, but every search comes up with UK or HK shipping location.