rjoseph244510

RCMart.com?

I've always been happy with their service but they recently increased their shipping fees since the new website went online. 

I used to be able to buy a small item and pay less than $5. A few parts or tires was less than $10. Now it's twice as expensive as before.

I've ordered many parts/items from RCMart since 2018. Many of those are/were not available at our local hobby shops. If ever they are (available), it's more expensive and almost double the price. RCMart still turns out cheaper with shipping cost included. What I enjoy the most about RCMart is they have so many aftermarket parts and brands that saves you a lot of money. Parts from Yeah Racing, 3 Racing, Hot Racing for example are cheaper than the original counterparts from Tamiya, Kyosho, HPI, X-Ray, etc. Sometimes they are also designed better and at half the cost or even lower. 

12 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Just had an email from RCmart that my order is cancelled as Hong Kong post is no longer shipping to the UK :( :( :(

Booooo

Interesting. I placed two small orders - one on 31/3 which was shipped within a day or two, and one on 1/4 which still does as ‘waiting for payment to verify’. Wonder if that order will also not ship....

They’ve had this banner on the website for the last week almost - using alternative shipping co’s

437BFA0B-3E73-4CA6-A9BA-AD547505E703.jpeg

I have an order from Banggood that has been delayed and they've told me that its held up by our customs.  I don't believe them as there is no tracking info showing, and our customs haven't held up anything else so far, including the orders from Banggood done before and after that one.  Most of mine are showing "International Departure" which I think means they are on a plane or waiting to get on one.  I do believe them when they say shipping is being affected though, I just think they lost my order.

8 hours ago, futureworks said:

They’ve had this banner on the website for the last week almost - using alternative shipping co’s

437BFA0B-3E73-4CA6-A9BA-AD547505E703.jpeg

They say they are using alternative methods, but of my two packages, one was shipped with Hong Kong Post, and the other just not shipped. As usual, their email customer service responses leave a lot to be desired.....

On 4/9/2020 at 6:52 AM, SimonL said:

They say they are using alternative methods, but of my two packages, one was shipped with Hong Kong Post, and the other just not shipped. As usual, their email customer service responses leave a lot to be desired.....

So I received an order placed 16th March (before the banner appeared suggesting they’re using other postage options) yesterday, 11th April, which gives a sense of how long things are taking to get (in this case) to the UK. That was HK Post, as you can see from the label.

I ordered some more parts 3rd April, after the banner appeared, so if that ever gets here I’ll know if they've used alternatives for postage. Mind you it still says ‘processing’ against the order, so presume not sent yet, which is all to be expected at the mo...

AFE2A643-30D4-4B96-8C52-89BD800B09E6.jpeg

On 4/8/2020 at 6:59 PM, didcos said:

I've always been happy with their service but they recently increased their shipping fees since the new website went online. 

I used to be able to buy a small item and pay less than $5. A few parts or tires was less than $10. Now it's twice as expensive as before.

I don't know if it is the new website or the covid crisis but there shipping cost are high at this moment, I saw some nice tires for a good price for my rock rey the tires cost 40 euro, the cheapest option cost 29 euro to ship and the more expensive 50 euro to ship, and that only for 4 tires. 

In de end I bought other  tires from a german webshop that was 11 euro shipping, and it was cheaper then rcmart.

I did a lot of orders on rcmart because the have a lot of stuff and nice prices, but with this shipping cost and the long time to arrive I stop ordering from them and use other shops. 

I think they lose a lot of customers with this.

They have reduced the price of their kits drastically to (seemingly) make up for the increase in shipping due to using other shipping means. 

11 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

They have reduced the price of their kits drastically to (seemingly) make up for the increase in shipping due to using other shipping means. 

There kit prices are not that cheap they are at the same prices compare to german webshops.

I never bought a kit from them only parts, kits most of the time have 50 to 60 euro shipping, so for me in the netherlands it is cheaper to buy kits from german wepshops, and a lot faster to arrive, and no risk of vat and duty cost.

Ahhhh, I was comparing to prices here in the states.  They are quite a bit cheaper than Tower and other places here, but when you add the increased shipping it's negates any savings, plus the delay in shipping plus customs, import duty, etc.

I purchased a Top Force from them on April 1 and on April 17 it finally received a tracking number. It stayed on Lantau Island for a few days and as of today, it's in Anchorage, Alaska. I wasn't sure it would ever show up but glad to see something happening.

I got my order from the 12th April from them today - they used FedEx instead of HK Post! I don't recall picking FedEx as an option though. It was the quickest I've ever had from them.

Wanted to order a kit today and emailed them first to see if they could deliver to Canada they replied “we cannot guarantee the delivery time. Please place the order after the pandemic”.

Should I still order to see what happens?

I ordered a kit on the 23rd March and was picked up by Parcelforce 24th March but hasn't progressed anywhere since then. So presume its stuck at Hong Kong post office?

Have emailed RCMart this morning and they were quick to respond but only advised to be patient.

As an aside has anyone had any regular uk post this week at all? Ive not had anything since friday.

Waiting on a couple of orders from Tony I placed last week - they are almost always next day.

I logged in there for a first time in months, and it seems all my purchase history has been wiped. Did this happen to anyone else?

On 4/23/2020 at 12:10 AM, Superluminal said:

As an aside has anyone had any regular uk post this week at all? Ive not had anything since friday.

Waiting on a couple of orders from Tony I placed last week - they are almost always next day.

My post appears to be come in batches at the moment.

My order is now on the move. Picked up by Parcelforce yesterday (nearly a month since being posted at Hong Kong) and exported to UK. Fingers crossed its hear within the next couple of works.

Just glad to see its moving ;)

5 hours ago, dc-arena said:

I logged in there for a first time in months, and it seems all my purchase history has been wiped. Did this happen to anyone else?

Log into your account page and you should see on the right hand side menu two 'order history' options, one which will be pre the change on their website, and one after

It looks like HK post is starting to offer back their regular postal services. If you go to RCmart's website, the banner regarding COVD-19 is no longer visible which I assume signifies that they are starting to operate "normally". 

19 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Log into your account page and you should see on the right hand side menu two 'order history' options, one which will be pre the change on their website, and one after

Thanks for your help, I can’t see that option on my phone, so will check on my computer in case the mobile site is different.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

Thanks for your help, I can’t see that option on my phone, so will check on my computer in case the mobile site is different.

Yup, I was looking at it on my Mac 👍

• Like 1