Doc Hollywood

TA01scratch built Land Rover series 1 finished project

Hi All

I have just about finished my 2 year rebuild on my TA01 Land Rover series 1 I have made all of the front wings and detailed it all up. I also made the bumper out of stainless steel tube. The chassis has solid diffs and oil filled shocks with a flywheel type gearbox mounted in the centre it goes over most things surprisingly. There are a few odds and ends that still need doing like side lights and a scale number plate but otherwise all finished. I thought I would share it as it is a bit different. please excuse the mess in the background I had no were else to photograph it at the time. so will add more photos when have the space.

123.JPG

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

very nice! when you get to photos more photos, ones of the gearbox and underneath would be great to see. What tires did you use?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

very nice! when you get to photos more photos, ones of the gearbox and underneath would be great to see. What tires did you use?

Thanks yogi-bear and Turnip I will definitely add more photos. The tyres are around 95mm in diameter they came with the rims for around £10 from china but they are the same as the Pajero Bf Goodrich mud terrains as far as I know. The tyres though on the Land rover are very soft and grip well. I will have a look if I can find them again on eBay and drop a link .

Hi All

I am hopping to take a lot of picks of it sadly I don't have many pictures of it being assembled but will look through my photos and add them. I am not the best at documenting as forget to take photos as going along because I am in my own little bubble but I do wish I had taken more.  

Hi All

sorry for the delay in pictures I have been very busy and not had time to get to the computer I have some of the front wings being assembled

005_2_40[1] (2).jpg

005_2_40[1].jpg

006_2_20[1].jpg

Looks awesome! I love seeing hand built models that don't have 3d printed parts. I am looking forward to seeing more.

• Like 1

I have taken some photos of it on the bonnet of a world war two jeep if anyone wonders what is in the back ground of the pictures as it was a nice flat area. I tried to photograph areas that people wanted but they are a bit blurry but the body is not very easy to take off but I did try my best.

290_20[1].jpg

292_20[1].jpg

293_20[1].jpg

296_20[1].jpg

297_20[1].jpg

299_20[1].jpg

300_20[1].jpg

301_20[1].jpg

• Like 4

Thank you Blissard it is appreciated I forgot to add that if there are any specific shots of any areas needed I can do some more photos. I still need to fit the front number plate and also the side lights which will be from a sand scorcher and also some door handles. I were thinking of making a hard top for it in the future. The REG I used was actually from a real series one that was cut up in the 1980s.