jeekelemental

Leaving The Modern Era: Back to NiMHs!

Sorry guys but it wasn't my intention to start another "lipo vs nimh" thread :rolleyes:, forums are full of them and no one of them have reached the final conclusion and I guess it depends by the constant batteries evolution and by several factor, different for everyone of us: am I a basher or a racer? Am I an old school guy or not? Do I need to use, always, the newest product? Do I run brushed or brushless motor? And more...

I intented to share, whit a little of irony, my decision... I guess my poor english doesn't helps ^_^.

When I switched to Lipos I was conviced that it was a kind a necessary evolutive step (and, of course, before doing it I bought a proper charger and proper electronics) but it never became enthusiastic about it. I run several brushed motors from Sport Tuned to a 14x2 modififed and the feelings have never been exciting as driving my Yokomo Works 91 or my Lancia Delta TA01 with a 16x2 and 1700mah nicads B) in the good old days or my Wild One re-re with a Sport Tuned with a 4500mah nimhs :wub:

I Speak only for me: It's all about personal feelings not about graph. I drive thoose little things for the sensations, for the fun and for the kind of nostalgia it gives to me and holding a bomb at home is not my kind of fun and, I confess that I'm tired to be evasive with my wife about using safety bags while charging -_- :D.

But, i repeat, I will never, never wear animals fur and I will never go to work with a wooden club instead of my messenger bag ;).

p. s. I'm pretty convinced that my Hyperion charger is not doing its work properly.

p. p. s.  in the good old days I was used to warm my butt with just used batteries in the pants pockets so batteries if well squeezed warm up no matter about your motor has brushes or not. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Although to the wider audience, they are just toy cars, but to us, they're so much more, people are drawn to various aspects of the hobby, I love speed and acceleration , and yet, for some reason have no passion for an on road car 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, jeekelemental said:

I Speak only for me: It's all about personal feelings not about graph

My personal feels where conjured up in the Tamiya promo vids of the 80's, watching all the cars jump high and far in the sand, and the modern elecs of today make that possible, and some. 😁 

(The graph was more for those who can't understand why people would goto all the bother for just a 0.2v advantage!) 

13 hours ago, jeekelemental said:

holding a bomb at home is not my kind of fun

Kind of get where you're coming from -

(Bare with me), We splashed out, and bought the wife a really nice family car, but, she was scared to drive it down county roads incase she crashed, scared to park it in car parks incase it got damaged / stolen or she was attacked for the keys. Same at home, she wanted cctv to cover the drive, just incase. In the end, although the car was,quicker,  faster and just better, it just wasn't relaxing or fun to own. 

The hobby is about fun 👍

• Like 3

On 12/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, Wooders28 said:
On 11/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, Saito2 said:

Maybe someday we'll see the return of motor lathes and even MSCs.

Not a chance, most quit MSC's in the 80's!! ( race cars did anyway ) 

While it may not be immediately evident in the realm of internet forum discussion (typing vs being face-to-face), I assure you I was joking about returning MSCs. While, I myself, bear them no ill-will (and even use them in some of my cars) I'm well aware that most here (whether due burns, calamitous outcomes, tragedies,  etc.) shunned them decades ago and never looked back. I'm not trying to reignite the hot button issue of the horrors of MSCs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1