pirtoo

What are these C hub carriers from?

A pair of the wrong C hub carriers must have come with one of the Thunder Shot / Terra Scorcher bit sets I bought, hadn't noticed they were different until today.

The one on the right is a standard Thunder Shot carrier, the one on the left is almost the same but not right in the top mount. Any ideas?
(and now I need an extra real Thunder Shot C hub carrier, since with noticing this I am one short... just after some get sold here).

bits.jpg

The original release thundershot and thunder dragon had the c hub on the left and matching high pivot rear uprights too. The Fire Dragon, Terra Scorcher and all the ReRes got the one on the left which lowers the roll centre for potentially more grip. 

18 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

The original release thundershot and thunder dragon had the c hub on the left and matching high pivot rear uprights too. The Fire Dragon, Terra Scorcher and all the ReRes got the one on the left which lowers the roll centre for potentially more grip. 

You said left both times, I assume you mean right for the lower ones.

Odd.  The Terra Scorcher manual shows C parts looking the same as the Thunder Shot manual (which may be a rere manual)... did they change the part number for C parts?

Ta.

1 hour ago, pirtoo said:

You said left both times, I assume you mean right for the lower ones.

Odd.  The Terra Scorcher manual shows C parts looking the same as the Thunder Shot manual (which may be a rere manual)... did they change the part number for C parts?

Ta.

Yes, newer part on the right. No idea about change of patt number but i guess they must have. My original Thunder Dragon manual says C parts tree is 9005256

2 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Yes, newer part on the right. No idea about change of patt number but i guess they must have. My original Thunder Dragon manual says C parts tree is 9005256

The thunder shot rere manual download from Tamiya says the same part number, but the picture is of the new one.
My terra scorcher manual says 9005288.

Huh. I guess the thunder shot bucket o'bits I bought was original, then (I thought it might have been, the chassis said Japan in it, I'm about to use that chassis in a thunder shot runner build), I have a used full set of the extra height parts mixed in with my spare parts.