KEV THE REV

Taiyo Jet Hopper Turbo radio upgrade

I bought an old basket case Taiyo JH , had no TX but it sort of worked with another Taiyo TX that I had here , so I decided to rip out the old PCB guts and servo and installed a small 7.2 stick pack in the bottom , a 1060 ESC and a micro RX . There is a new servo in there too . The original battery box fits in the top , not underneath , so to say it was tight for space is an understatement . Some Dremmelling of said battery box allowed installation of ESC and RX . The motor was toast so a new 260 was fitted . I fitted some adjustable steering tie rods with ball ends and a Super Champ type ariel mount . The front damper mounts were missing so I made an aluminium base plate and bolted on some FAV damper mounts .

PB280001.JPG

PB280003.JPG

PB280004.JPG

• Like 2

Well done, one of these was one of my first RC’s (back when I desperately wanted a Frog). I’ve got a black one in my collection now also without Tx, so this is what I’ve had in mind too.

• Thanks 1

I saw this done in an old thread by livesteammad ( Ali G ) . The good thing about it is it's now driveable and serviceable and I don't feel guilty about doing it as it was pretty much a non runner to begin with . . I've got a later model with the oval block tyres which is boxed and complete , and that's a nice thing to have in the collection . I've looked at the T/P and been tempted many times