Baddon

Wild Willy 2 wanted

UK based.

a new one is 123 at the minute BUT the painting...........even just to buy the paints would be nuts.

ANyone out there like the painting part?

LOVE the build, HATE the bodies - I have a Saint Dragon has sat in display case in see through for nearing a year now!!!

There really isn't that much painting to do to a Wild Willy 2 unless you want to - the body is self coloured, as is the roll cage. You can leave the fuel cell green, and the spare tyre cover too (or just blow over the wheel cover with a rattle-can in tan or black as desired) so you only really need to paint the headlights (or you could even just put stickers on them).

I'd agree the driver figure is pretty intricate to do well, but you could always either buy/commission a pre-painted head (or complete figure) from @IBIFTKH for example, and simply paint his gloves, boots and seatbelts - you'd only need red and black paint for that.

Another quick-and-easy option for the driver is to buy some 1/6th scale (Action Man size) goggles, and just paint his face all over in single flesh tone (leaving the eyes white obvs.) and put the goggles on him to hide any lack of detail?

It's a great kit!

Jenny x

• Like 1

@JennyMo, my painting is single colour rattle can with colour markers used for the drivers to date......cant see my skill level or interest rising to what you describe.

Hi mate,

PM me as I have a new kit for sale whereby we could do the painting for you for a small fee

I also have a brand new WW2 shell that has been base colour painted, then hydro dipped in a sandy type camouflage effect and the driver also. detailing could be added no problem

let me know mate your thoughts

Regards

Painting is half the fun and you’ll never get good at it unless you do it.  You could always search out an XB body but those go for almost the price of the kit 

012406030.jpg

• Like 2

@Shodog IF......it used the paint I have then I would, BUT the price of buying all the different colours for a hard body would add another 30 to the purchase. Things here are tight and I am currently selling off lots of bits and spare buggies to get me have something I can build (the best bit for me) over the Christmas break.

The expense is the downside to this hobby.  Everything cost a lot

If you want a WW2 that much then buy it, build it and run it. You don’t even have to fit a driver to run it (you’re driving it!).

You can repair,  paint and re-sticker it some time in the future - then that becomes a project in itself.

I have run my WW2 just as I bought it second hand, unpainted, and given the number of times my son has bashed it into the house so far I am glad the shell wasn’t painted!

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

If you want a WW2 that much then buy it, build it and run it. You don’t even have to fit a driver to run it (you’re driving it!).

As Badcrumble said. Run it!  The body is going to get hammered anyway. My runner WW2 is thrashed. 

A8243BE5-22F3-480B-BFA5-1A40893366AD_zps

• Like 1

Result, I picked up an XP Built one in decent condition (least it looks that way in the photos)

just got to wait on the post now

• Like 3

IT arrived and I am well pleased, new phone also arrived today and cant get flicker to work to upload a picture....