mtbkym01

The Mandalorian (caution - possible spoilers)

I felt ep2 was a comedy filler, usually saved for later in  a season run - the 'getting dragged round in the dirt' by horse/motorbike/hairy cavebeast has been done to death now.
The A-Team rebuild montage was garbage too.
Sandcrawler - So many windows but shoot him on the roof?

The series started off promising, then turned into Mr Bean Kills A Rhino For Some Muggers.

I've not seen 3 or 4 yet, but don't worry about spoilers on my behalf, it'd be worth knowing if it's worth carrying on with

Interesting , just watched Ep 3 and I’m really enjoying it. The “Child” has me blown away, and intrigued. I get what your saying about 2, but it does follow a theme that the whole franchise has had since the late 70’s. I guess I’m an enthusiast to all things Star Wars so just have to watch it all with (in this instance) anyway, my jaw on the ground.

There was talk that a movie was gonna be made about Bobba Fett, but this must be what those rumours were alluding too?

• Like 1

Absolutely! 

Just bought an extra HDMI cable so I can connect the laptop to the TV. Waiting for ep4! :D 

Typically best to watch after 23:00 when the kid and wife are off to bed. :lol:

The end of Ep1 was a facepalm moment for me, the Child reeked of JarJar and further stench emitted in ep2 - I was just waiting for that all-important 'reach out, heal, healed bonds with bounty, healed adopts bounty' moment - I still reckon that's on the cards.
I'm old enough to have seen Star Wars (episode IV, A New Hope etc, the one where Luke didn't know who his father was) at the cinema in '77 and was ok with 'em until the Ewoks :lol:

I think 'they' have introduced too much cute nowadays, but then again, it is a franchise mainly for kids - I just hoped with the amount of killing in Mando #1 that it'd be a bit grittier, especially after that door closed on matey-boys torso

10 hours ago, TWINSET said:

I think 'they' have introduced too much cute nowadays, but then again, it is a franchise mainly for kids

you expect different? It's ruled by The House of Mouse :P 

Cute sells! Tsumtsum that Child Yoda's-species-thing and take my $$!

talking of JarJar flashbacks, jeez that Bountyhunter droid sure did some unwanted reminding... good that protocol was manually overridden :) 

Mandolorian series looks promising, at least it's easy to watch.

Still trying to make sense of His Dark Materials... maybe I need to go read the book.

Then again still haven't digested Umbrella Academy, been going back re watching for missed clues but it still don't make much sense. 

13 hours ago, WillyChang said:

you expect different? It's ruled by The House of Mouse :P 

I know, but, yeah but
Dammit :lol:

Well that final episode of this season was quite good wasn't it? :)

Best Star Wars moments since Return Of The Jedi for me. B)

• Like 4

I had seen bits and pieces here and there about that last one, just watched that one episode so far......now I need to start from scratch and watch from the beginning 

Just finished the final episode of season 2 and thought it was brilliant.  So much better than any of the last three movies that were released after the original trilogy.  I liked Rogue One, but the Mandalorian is the best!

• Like 1

I’m planning on trying to watch all the live action and animated series in chronological order at some point, minus the original Christmas special and the Lego series.

3 minutes ago, BJoe76 said:

minus the original Christmas special

But that's the best! ;) 

Joking aside, it was a great show. I guessed the ending would involve the Jedi that Grogu had contacted would show up in the nick of time during the climax. I also surmised that part of the Dark Troopers not being human would allow them to really cut loose on destroying them (since they weren't organics or even droids with personality). I never guessed it would be Luke. Took me right back to the feelings I had at the drive-in movies back in the late 70's/early 80's. So awesome. 

• Like 2

I really liked it, been meaning to watch anyway and now this just cements things.

Hope everyone watched until after the closing credits, little bit more to see

• Like 2

To be honest, finally someone who feels the force directed this series. Its way better then everything which came after EP 4-6 films. I had so much fun watching every single episode, there was humore, social criticism, action and a fine touch of violence. (Remember that Sand People and the Jetpack in the opening scene in one of the last episods? Or The Kid eating the eggs?).

Watched all episodes. Can’t wait to see more. I even preordered the crowd funding big Razor Crest model , super detailed and huge 30” long so in scale with other Star Wars action figures.

7BD86009-CE1E-45B8-8E68-73AA1A13EE96.thumb.jpeg.4f14f570a4bdf14bfdff09ccd1f5cad4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JYCM3 said:

Watched all episodes. Can’t wait to see more. I even preordered the crowd funding big Razor Crest model , super detailed and huge 30” long so in scale with other Star Wars action figures.

7BD86009-CE1E-45B8-8E68-73AA1A13EE96.thumb.jpeg.4f14f570a4bdf14bfdff09ccd1f5cad4.jpeg

Ooooo!  That's going to look really good with some Blackfoot wheels on there!

Terry

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2021 at 2:59 AM, JYCM3 said:

Looks really nice!

The Mandalorian season 2

The best TV series I've watched since Breaking Bad. Jon Favreau saved the spirit of Star Wars after Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams ruined it. Really! Those two should have never given the chance to direct a legendary saga. If there's one person they should impress, it is Lucas himself. But he never was and didn't like how the story was written and told.

Anyway, this seies have very good scripts. Each episode is carefully thought, written and executed. I and many other oldschool SW fans are very much disappointed with sequel trilogy (7, 8, 9). Lots of characters from the original trilogy, prequel, clone wars and rebels with some unexpected appearances and scenes. The season finale' most especially.

This is the way...

a Star Wars story should be told.
10/10
  • Like 1

Season two was really good wasn't it. To be fair, the second half of season one picked up the pace a bit and was good as well. 

As for Johnson and Abrams, I see where you're coming from. I mean, they were way better than 1-3, but left a lot to be desired. One thing that really made me warm up to them (7-9) more was watching them with my 10 year old nephew (the same age I was when I first saw Jedi on a crappy vhs in a friends basement,) and he absolutely loved them. He got really sucked into them with childish joy and glee, and that made them decidedly not suck in my view. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 7:43 AM, Nicadraus said:

Looks really nice!

Here’s a better picture. It’s a big toy BIG toy.

Frog Jumper, Blackfoot wheels won’t work, you need Clod wheels and tire for this thing LoL 😂 

33C9FCB6-C9BD-4A55-9D6C-6D917D2F8C37.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1