Sign in to follow this  
tamiya ny

f104 v2 brushless esc options

new to the site , so hello to everyone. I was hoping for some advice on brushless esc that will fit in the f1o4 v2. I tried using a castle creations esc and for the life of me I can not get it to fit inside the body. very frustrating. any advice would be appreciated. 

I have a Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 which is quite a big ESC in my TRF102 and that fits fine.  It fits between the battery and the servo easily.  I put the capacitors on one side, the rx on the other to balance it out.  

The SkyRC TS120 is smaller than the Reventon, or you could look at the Stock Spec ESC like the Orca B32, Hobbywing XR10 Pro Stock which which are really small and light

I also have an F103 which fits the TBLE-02S fine as well.

I tried putting it in front as you suggested but it definitely doesn't fit I have 18mm of space left after the battery goes in or about 3/4 of an inch. the layout of version 2 of the f104 looks different than the original in the pictures I have seen. the castle creations esc fits in my f103gt  with no issues as well, but the battery tray layout is different on the f104. the Tamiya esc is about the size that fits but I am having trouble getting it to work with my sensorless castle creations motor.

Are you using a stick pack or shorty battery? I run shorties, thats probably the difference. Do you have any shorties you could try?

The TBLE-02S will only run sensored motors. Do you have a silvercan or similar lying around? The TBLE-02S can run brushed too

I miss spoke before. actually the motor is sensored I have the wires run and everything seems to fit now but I now cant figure out how to make the motor run in the correct direction using the tble-02. I have tried switching the wires around but forward on the motore is reverse. I tried reversing it on my controller but the braking is in reverse if that makes sense ie. if I pull full throttle and go to hit the brakes it gives me instant reverse with no braking, and if I go in reverse it gives me brakes as I try to throttle up. I am definitely not very good with setting up escs and transmitters. well electronics in general really lol. thank you for your help fella.

For F1 we race 25.5 which is very fast. Experts can run 21.5 which can be a handful.

ESC stock Tamiya is fine. Otherwise HW XR10 Stock Spec for high end or JustStock for budget 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 12:49 AM, tamiya ny said:

I miss spoke before. actually the motor is sensored I have the wires run and everything seems to fit now but I now cant figure out how to make the motor run in the correct direction using the tble-02.

Have you figured out this yet? If so, what is it? I have tried on several occasions to figure out a way to do exactly what you seem to have managed by accident, namely get the tble-02s to run a motor in reverse in response to forward throttle and vice versa, for use in a front wheel drive chassis converted to rear wheel drive, and for the front motor in a twin motor rig.

turnipjf, yes I did get it going. every time you make a change, weather it be on the controller or switching wires, I had to recalibrate the esc. they call it the high point setup in the manual.

it took me forever to figure it out. switching it on the receiver didn't work. ultimately it was switching the wire connections and recalibrating the esc. hope this helps you, sorry it took so long to answer back. I am still getting used finding my way around the site .

• Thanks 1