TurnipJF

47439 1/10 TT-02 Type-SR Chassis Kit

So what do we reckon a Type SR is going to be? A Type S with blue bits? A short-wheelbase Type R? A RWD version focused on drifting? Something else entirely?

I'm thinking that it will be a Type S with blue bits - probably propshaft and cups, maybe a few others.

• Like 1

An upgraded Type S would be good.  The original Type S needed at least the aluminium motor mount and the driveshaft but not enough to warrant a new model.  They might swap out the reinforced plastic damper stays for the carbon ones.  I'll be interested to see if the aluminium steering setup is added as I don't think they've done that with a TT02 chassis kit yet.  Aluminium dampers might be overkill but you never know.  At what point does a TT02 simply cost too much?

There was supposed to be a new TT02 hard chassis in black but I haven't seen it surface yet.  They might be holding it back to include in this kit.

oh sorry for the thread hijack but ho-leee cow! is this true? ...i just saw that on tamiya blog and they're gonna re-re tha TA-03RS (47443)!!

hopefully the TA-03 hopups as well?

I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't include an alloy motor mount, unless of course they learn from Yeah Racing and make it a slotted one, which I doubt they would. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a hard chassis included, hopefully in black as I think that looks neater. Or maybe they will release a carbon chassis brace like they did for the TT-01? Probably not though as they already have a hard chassis option.

They probably will include the downstops for the suspension arms, currently an option part for the Type S.

Given the hop ups for the RR were the new oil filled diffs and the hard chassis, that's my guess, maybe with a few blue bits for good measure. If it doesn't cost nearly as much as a TA07 it could be a fun clubman option. 

Thinking oil diffs, alloy main shaft and cups and hard chassis. Keep in mind the TT02S is fairly hopped up as standard suspension wise. 

very much doubt the steering set it’d crank up the price too much. Won’t be alloy shocks, again would crank up the price. 

Yep.. alloy prop and shaft, motor mount, and possible down stops, oils gear diff. May have 1 token unique upgrade. 

id like to see a sway bar option for this car at some point 

For sure it will come with a glass-reinforced chassis, probably the new black one that will be coming out. It will also definitely have hopped up diffs. It could have a front spool and rear oil-filled diff or two oil-filled diffs. An alloy propshaft and motor mount seem likely to be the other hop-ups to differentiate it over the original TT-02S kit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raman36 said:

id like to see a sway bar option for this car at some point 

TT02S would be the car to do it as the arms already have the mounts on them, and hardware already in the stable. Just a matter of a mount for the swaybar off the diff casing. 

I'm glad I did not get the RR.  I think I will hold out to see what this new one is all about.

Seems the TT-02 has a lot of versions and styles and it is hard to decide what to get.

1 hour ago, F-150 said:

I'm glad I did not get the RR.  I think I will hold out to see what this new one is all about.

Seems the TT-02 has a lot of versions and styles and it is hard to decide what to get.

Good thinking. It looks like this might be the best one yet!

22 hours ago, MockTurtle said:

oh sorry for the thread hijack but ho-leee cow! is this true? ...i just saw that on tamiya blog and they're gonna re-re tha TA-03RS (47443)!!

hopefully the TA-03 hopups as well?

Yep appears so. 911GT1 body to boot as well.. albeit without Mobil 1 livery 

My guess is that it's a combination of the best parts of the Type-S and R - the long arms from the S with the blue alloy parts from the R. I have both and did the same but called it the RS:

impreza-08-onwood.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Truck Norris said:

My guess is that it's a combination of the best parts of the Type-S and R - the long arms from the S with the blue alloy parts from the R. I have both and did the same but called it the RS:

impreza-08-onwood.jpg

What rims are those? 

23 minutes ago, toyolien said:

^^^ How did you mount the body? ^^^

3 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

What rims are those? 

HPI 3771

3 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

That is a sweet pic.  Seems a lot of higher end car snobs, don't like the TT02, but I think it's **** nifty and I like the motor, gearcase layout.  May not be the best platform, but it is cheap to get and I bet very fun.  Can't wait to see this new model.

3 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

impreza-08-onwood.jpg

I'm wondering if this is a personal photo or a marketing photo from Tamiya?  If it is personal then I take that you know what to do with a camera. Really nice and I'm toying in the relm of photography myself.

So when is this thing coming out for sale?   Where was it heard about,

5 hours ago, F-150 said:

So when is this thing coming out for sale?   Where was it heard about,

It is listed as a 2020 release on Tamiyablog.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:03 AM, F-150 said:

I'm wondering if this is a personal photo or a marketing photo from Tamiya?  If it is personal then I take that you know what to do with a camera. Really nice and I'm toying in the relm of photography myself.

It is indeed a personal photo. Thank you! :) The camera bit is easy, just point it at the car. The tricky bit is the lighting - this is made up of 15 different exposures lit differently then blended together:

impreza-08-onwood-frames.thumb.jpg.5b98254caf1460051154d205b4141b08.jpg

• Like 4