graemevw

51635/58677 1/10 VW Karmann Ghia Body Parts Set/m06 kit

Wow. Will that fit on an M06? Perhaps one of my M04s would be a good fit - I haven't got an M08.

• Like 1

Wow, it has been on my list for a long time too. 

They must have M06 and M08 in mind.  This box art from 1/24th scale kit.  I guess it would come in the yellow box?  Never quite understood why a building would say "Fish Dinner."   

5isrczl.jpg

I wonder how they'll do the severe curvature. 

6jVtMhr.jpg

Because some curvature on Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint is prone to crack.   

8p6Main.jpg

I'll be getting it at any rate.  There is no way I'd pass on Karmann Ghia.  

Now, Mr. Tamiya, how about Volvo P1800 for M05 and M07?

RGxWszv.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wow, if they get this one right, it could be way cool. My favorite of the air-cooled VWs by a long shot.

Always happy to see more M-bodies. P1800 would be cool. I'd also (still) like to see a Lancia Fulvia, VW Scirocco Mk.1, MGB GT (then I could do a mini-mine of MY car!), Fiat 128, Opel GT, Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (for the MF-01X, naturally), and Triumph TR-4. You know, just in case they're looking for ideas...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fiat 128? Are you sure? It’s kind of boxy and plain.. maybe a 124 Coupe? I’d also like to see the 1990s , Fiat Coupe.. and of course any Alfa between 1950-1970

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Fiat 128? Are you sure? It’s kind of boxy and plain.. maybe a 124 Coupe? I’d also like to see the 1990s , Fiat Coupe.. and of course any Alfa between 1950-1970

I grew up in the back seat of a bright yellow 128 sedan... I have very fond memories of it. Besides, it's just such a friendly-looking little thing...

Fiat-128-Italy-1972.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised Tamiya don't do more classic Japanese cars.  Maybe there's a licensing issue since ABC Hobby seem to have the market cornered on a lot of the Japanese brands.  Something a bit different but recognizable, like a first generation Honda Civic racer, would be fun.

003-P2490894_HondaCivicSBRacing-Yamato19

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Juggular said:

Wow, it has been on my list for a long time too. 

They must have M06 and M08 in mind.  This box art from 1/24th scale kit.  I guess it would come in the yellow box?  Never quite understood why a building would say "Fish Dinner."   

5isrczl.jpg

I wonder how they'll do the severe curvature. 

6jVtMhr.jpg

Because some curvature on Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint is prone to crack.   

8p6Main.jpg

I'll be getting it at any rate.  There is no way I'd pass on Karmann Ghia.  

Now, Mr. Tamiya, how about Volvo P1800 for M05 and M07?

RGxWszv.jpg

I was wondering about the front too. I really hope they dont do a bad job of this!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Wow, if they get this one right, it could be way cool. My favorite of the air-cooled VWs by a long shot.

Always happy to see more M-bodies. P1800 would be cool. I'd also (still) like to see a Lancia Fulvia, VW Scirocco Mk.1, MGB GT (then I could do a mini-mine of MY car!), Fiat 128, Opel GT, Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (for the MF-01X, naturally), and Triumph TR-4. You know, just in case they're looking for ideas...

Mk1 scirocco would be fantastic. I had one of those too, great looking cars, i guess its a karmann thing :)

• Like 1

Tamiya hasn’t produced cars I have owned (mk1 Fiat Uno, Alfa Romeo 146, Ford Focus mk1 5 door) - probably because all my cars have been dull Grandad-spec - but has produced those of my partners - classic Mini and 2CV.

On that basis the next one should be a Citroen Saxo.

Our last Vauxhall /Opel Corsa D was available from Racers Paradise.

• Haha 1

Just had a thought about the curved under front end. Maybe, just maybe, it could be the first M chassis hard body!

That would be so amazing!

Or, maybe they will cut it short and mould it in with the bumper.

Edit, not first, lowride pumpkin had a hard body too.

Can anyone give me a rundown of M chassis? Which ones have what motor and drive configuration and how many shocks.

They are a bit of a mystery to me but this and the renault 5 rerere are going to get bought. Just need suitable chassis layouts.

Edit, are any of the m chassis swappable regarding motor ends etc too?

4 hours ago, graemevw said:

Can anyone give me a rundown of M chassis? Which ones have what motor and drive configuration and how many shocks.

They are a bit of a mystery to me but this and the renault 5 rerere are going to get bought. Just need suitable chassis layouts.

Odd-numbered = FWD, even-numbered = RWD. The original M01/M02 could be swapped around, but everything since then has been one or the other.

As far as motor placement, all the FWD ones are front-mid (motor just behind the front axle). The M02 and M04 were rear-mid, and the M06 is rear. I think the new M08 is as well. And the MF01X is rear-motor with 4WD.

• Like 2

I guess the easiest to get the curved front end would be to make it a two-part front end. Have the bottom half of the front 'bumper' as a seperate part you glue into place.

4 hours ago, graemevw said:

From Tamiya you have M01 - M08, MF01X and the M-Four.

MF01X is a TL01'ish 4WD M-chassis with many wheelbase options and rear motor layout.
The M-Four is a M-chassis sized version of the Tamiya TA05, but it doesn't share many parts. It's 4WD with a mid-front motor and a 380size motor. Bit of a weird one.

M01 mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB
M02 mid-rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB. You can swap the parts with a M01 to go from RWD to FWD and back.
M03 mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB
M04 mid-rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with MWB and LWB. Shares the suspension and gears with the M03, but the main chassis is very different. Different gear ratio too.
M05 mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB. Shares some suspension parts and gears with the later M03's
M06 rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB. Shares the suspension and gears with the M05
M07 Concept mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with MWB and LWB.
M08 Concept mid-rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with MWB and LWB. Shares the suspension and gears with the M07.

• Like 3

So really, this wants to be on a M06 and the renault on an 8, 4 or 2.

What about shocks? Some have 2 dont they, and some 4?

Only the M01/2 has mono-shock suspension. All the others have 1 per wheel.

• Like 1

For sure my new Body for my already running M08 Chassis!:)

Finally, Tamiya heard our cries for some new oldschool bodies. :rolleyes:

A candidate for my MF01-X variable bodyshell build. Rear engined 4wd, not exactly protypical but hey were talking Tamiya:P A hard body would be the holy grail. Theres a lady in California that could do wonders with a hardbodied version of this:ph34r:

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:43 PM, Tizer said:

I guess the easiest to get the curved front end would be to make it a two-part front end. Have the bottom half of the front 'bumper' as a seperate part you glue into place.

From Tamiya you have M01 - M08, MF01X and the M-Four.

MF01X is a TL01'ish 4WD M-chassis with many wheelbase options and rear motor layout.
The M-Four is a M-chassis sized version of the Tamiya TA05, but it doesn't share many parts. It's 4WD with a mid-front motor and a 380size motor. Bit of a weird one.

M01 mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB
M02 mid-rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB. You can swap the parts with a M01 to go from RWD to FWD and back.
M03 mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB
M04 mid-rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with MWB and LWB. Shares the suspension and gears with the M03, but the main chassis is very different. Different gear ratio too.
M05 mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB. Shares some suspension parts and gears with the later M03's
M06 rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with SWB, MWB and LWB. Shares the suspension and gears with the M05
M07 Concept mid-front motor front wheel drive chassis with MWB and LWB.
M08 Concept mid-rear motor rear wheel drive chassis with MWB and LWB. Shares the suspension and gears with the M07.

The M08 does the 210mm short wheelbase as well. 

Ooh, Karmann Ghia. Nice.

If we're on the subject of what would be a cool body...

'Baby Bertha' Vauxhall Firenza

1193397665_BabyBerthaFirenza.thumb.jpg.c108b83b97518485ee77a4094b6347da.jpg

Bonnet/Matra Djet

1467453566_BonnetDjet.thumb.jpg.e8349dee40bd952b2a40ab9d23cb41a2.jpg

Toyota Starlet Hot Rod

2027638591_ToyotaStarletHotRod.jpg.7e90e4f91e2f1a9bf1e7acefb46ad45b.jpg

'Yenko Stinger' Chevrolet Corvair

509730964_CorvairYenkoStinger.jpg.f0f2e490333ff141417208f51634fdc8.jpg

Saab 99

1817190196_Saab99Turbo.thumb.jpg.2dc4fc96b895c1ccea4b4142c1517cd8.jpg

Skoda Estelle/130L

755823130_Skoda130LRAC.jpg.84cc4486de09d229a799990b23e32803.jpg

Chevy Corvette L88

(The story of this particular one is quite bizarre)

422819829_ChevyFerrariCorvetteL88.thumb.jpg.f8375f458f1c79310816cb38d3579a56.jpg

I seem to remember in the dark and distant past somebody did a Saab Turbo body. That would be on my list, along with the Skoda. I'm a sucker for the underdog!!!

• Like 1