graemevw

51635/58677 1/10 VW Karmann Ghia Body Parts Set/m06 kit

19 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I seem to remember in the dark and distant past somebody did a Saab Turbo body. That would be on my list, along with the Skoda. I'm a sucker for the underdog!!!

Those works Estelles were actually pukka little rally cars in the smaller classes. They famously won the under-1300cc class in the RAC Rally (the UK round of the World Rally Championship) 17 years running

20 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I seem to remember in the dark and distant past somebody did a Saab Turbo body. That would be on my list, along with the Skoda. I'm a sucker for the underdog!!!

The earlier Skoda 130RS was also a handsome little beast.

409822546_Skoda130RS.thumb.jpg.ecaa332c76c7ef06a4ce358d5c9d99bc.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yalson said:

The earlier Skoda 130RS was also a handsome little beast.

Alternatively, there's the *ahem* slightly uprated circuit version.

2108890472_Skoda130RSpecialSaloon.thumb.png.d070f1efedf967be64c63d5d7597f2e3.png

2 hours ago, graemevw said:

Looks like it will also be released on m06 chassis, kit number 58677!

I'm so glad. 

I was afraid that Tamiya would use FWD M05 (like Renault 5 Turbo to be released soon). 

Seriously!  

JMh9ONT.jpg

At least, I heard over the grapevine that Tamiya would widen the rear track of the M05Ra.

So below won't happen again. (hopefully)   This says "Toys it is!" 

Tamiya must have forgotten that we buy Tamiya for realism.

xrgQ8Ld.jpg

Tamiya static kits are  "done right the first time around, so it would be accurate 30 years later."   

This Tiger came out in 1989.  It still looks as good as dozen other newer Tigers.  

shV6F2N.jpg

How could the same company decide to use M05Ra with Renault 5 turbo again! 

[I can guess.  M06's tail might be too long. M08 is still expensive. M05 is old and cheap. I would have preferred to wait a year or two until M09 comes out. M08 might be cheap enough for Renault 5T then. But Tamiya wasn't sure if old Renault would sell. Might as well re-issue the 2005 M05 Renault 5 turbo kit...]

aAg5OGM.jpg

@OCD's M06's fits in Fiat. (hint, hint, Mr. Tamiya. You already made the shell) But might not fit Renault 5 Turbo. 

I'm ranting... 

But who knows, without customers ranting, Tamiya might have released Karmann Ghia with M05.  

At least, I'm very happy Karmann Ghia will have M06.  

• Like 1

Yeah, real shame on the renault. Ill buy it anyway as i love the body, but shame there isnt a cheap mid/rear M chassis for it.

A more expensive version on m08 with some kind of nod to the old competition special is something id probably buy.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, graemevw said:

Someone must have a renault 5 and a M06, does it definitely not fit?

Have both, no chance to fit my R5 Body on the M06. R5 has the wheel arches nearly at the back of the car, no overhang which could hide the M06 rear engine.

I have the M05 RA Renault from the beginning, which was a great kit, despite the small rear track width. I fixed it with TT01 wide axles + wide hexes plus some shims and smaller nuts. (wanted to use std. Tamiya M-chassis wheels without big offset). As it was an RA "Rallye kit", it made totally sense for me to take the M05 base. For sure, everybody would have appreciated an onroad Version with RWD, but it´s up to us now to bring the body on the M08 Chassis. It´s anyway more correct with mid engine for the Renault Body compared to M06.

Main reason for the Tamiya Renault 5 re-releases is in my eyes simply to give people the proper Tamiya body again to restore the original very early Tamiya chassis.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Have both, no chance to fit my R5 Body on the M06. R5 has the wheel arches nearly at the back of the car, no overhang which could hide the M06 rear engine.

I have the M05 RA Renault from the beginning, which was a great kit, despite the small rear track width. I fixed it with TT01 wide axles + wide hexes plus some shims and smaller nuts. (wanted to use std. Tamiya M-chassis wheels without big offset). As it was an RA "Rallye kit", it made totally sense for me to take the M05 base. For sure, everybody would have appreciated an onroad Version with RWD, but it´s up to us now to bring the body on the M08 Chassis. It´s anyway more correct with mid engine for the Renault Body compared to M06.

Main reason for the Tamiya Renault 5 re-releases is in my eyes simply to give people the proper Tamiya body again to restore the original very early Tamiya chassis.:rolleyes:

Didnt the original rere also come with extra gold wheels? I wonder if the new one will, or maybe wider rear arms. I suspect it will have neither.

I dont know why they stopped selling it but continued with the golf. I wonder of tamiya werent happy with the rear track issue. Makes me wonder why they have released it again.

Glad they are though!

Not had an M chassis before and looks like ill be buying 4 maybe! (Beetle, renault, karmann and a m08).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graemevw said:

Didnt the original rere also come with extra gold wheels? I wonder if the new one will, or maybe wider rear arms. I suspect it will have neither.

I dont know why they stopped selling it but continued with the golf. I wonder of tamiya werent happy with the rear track issue. Makes me wonder why they have released it again.

Glad they are though!

Not had an M chassis before and looks like ill be buying 4 maybe! (Beetle, renault, karmann and a m08).

Correct, there where some Gold wheels as Bonus parts. They look upper cool together with the box art livery. Seems I have to restore mine M05 someday to original Rallye spec.. Mine was converted with an M05 Pro Ver.2 kit to an on road racer...

M08 is my favorite M-Chassis at the moment. Just learning myself with 2 Friends, how to get it going on carpet tracks. It´s so much fun to drive with RWD, and brings out the hero in yourself.:lol:

Kind regards,

Matthias

23 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Correct, there where some Gold wheels as Bonus parts. They look upper cool together with the box art livery. Seems I have to restore mine M05 someday to original Rallye spec.. Mine was converted with an M05 Pro Ver.2 kit to an on road racer...

M08 is my favorite M-Chassis at the moment. Just learning myself with 2 Friends, how to get it going on carpet tracks. It´s so much fun to drive with RWD, and brings out the hero in yourself.:lol:

Kind regards,

Matthias

I hope they include them again!

Whats the difference between m05 and m05ra?

We will see, hopefully they include them again.

The RA versions have special C-hubs and rear knuckles, which give a higher ground clearance. The kits also have Rallye spec tires, which are quite similar as the Tamiya Rallye-blocks, but specially for the M-Chassis wheels. In Japan, there are Special M-Chassis Rallye  races on loose surface with little jumps, which are quite spectacular. The M05 RA was Tamiyas contribution to this trend.

The M05 RA gives a very good weekend-street Racer on Locations with dusty tarmac, which is not so perfect, has some gravel on it etc., like parking lots and neighbourhood streets. So you can use it nearly everywhere.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I can see that in heavy metal flake purple, slammed to the floor.

I needed a good excuse to add an M chassis to the collection. 

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Im slightly intrigued by the posdibility of something like this

unnamed.jpg

On a shortened SRB, this would be aces :wub:

I had forgotten how much I like the Karmann-Ghia coupe. It is great to see Tamiya's effort looking so well-executed.

I have 7 Karmann Ghia bodies on the "to buy" list.Not excessive considering that I've been collecting "all things aircooled VW" for almost 40 years, and I have some old dreams I want to make reality. In a book about VW's dated 1987 and which I must have owned for 25-30 years, there's a photo of a Karmann Ghia baja racer and I have wanted to build an RC Karmann Ghia Baja since I first saw it. Thanks to Tamiya, it can now become reality! Scan from the book below.

83508726_2534218563371731_28079770933070

• Like 3

On 2/1/2020 at 10:39 AM, Mokei Kagaku said:

I have 7 Karmann Ghia bodies on the "to buy" list.Not excessive considering that I've been collecting "all things aircooled VW" for almost 40 years, and I have some old dreams I want to make reality. In a book about VW's dated 1987 and which I must have owned for 25-30 years, there's a photo of a Karmann Ghia baja racer and I have wanted to build an RC Karmann Ghia Baja since I first saw it. Thanks to Tamiya, it can now become reality! Scan from the book below.

83508726_2534218563371731_28079770933070

Two months later and the Tamiya Karmann Ghia body mated with an SRB-chassis is half finished. Inspired by the car above, but not with the intention of depicting it exactly.

94031175_10156754368407407_5366034764123

• Like 7