Sign in to follow this  
Oneball1971

M2 & M3 Blue Anodised Screws

Anyone know where I can get:

M2 x 8 Blue anodized machine screws. Button or Soc Caps

M3 x 20 Blue anodized machine screws. Button or Soc Caps

M3 Nylocks.

I want the dark blue variety, I've looked on Tamico but they dont have the M3 x 20 and tried RC Screwz but they seem to only do stainless. Looked on ebay but nothing that I want.

I dont want to order from different places as the colour would probably  be slightly different

• Like 1

I have used Hiro Seiko screws in the past. They have both blue anodized aluminium screws or blue plated steel screws. I have always used the plated steel screws as they are stronger. I really liked them :)

aluminum screws are lighter but much weaker than steel. Something to consider when using, structural fasteners might require the use of steel screws. Now you guys got me wanting to but a bunch of pretty blue hex screws for future builds haha. 

Got all my blue aluminum screws from RCMart. First I bought Tamiya ones. But they only came in 5 pieces per per. So I switched to using YR instead and they come in 10 pieces and still much cheaper than Tamiya. They have a lot of sizes available too.

2 hours ago, guggles said:

aluminum screws are lighter but much weaker than steel. Something to consider when using, structural fasteners might require the use of steel screws. Now you guys got me wanting to but a bunch of pretty blue hex screws for future builds haha. 

I suggest using aluminum screws on top decks, shock towers, servo mounts, and some other areas. But for the bottom chassis, steel or titanium is best to use.