ThunderDragonCy

Tamiya TL-01 LA New Long Arms Suspension Arms for use with modern Touring Car parts

This design came out of the thread I started a while back seeing if there was a way to build a TL01 Long Arm setup using easily available modern parts. Seems there wasn't so I have designed some arms to do the job.

710x528_29922325_16009624_1575732383.jpg

710x528_29922196_16009595_1575731879.jpg

The geometry is based on the TA05/6 reversible arms, combined with the TL01-LA arms for shock mounting options. There is a sway bar mounting hole, but I'm not sure what parts might fit this. They're designed to use the modern TRF415/TA05V2 onwards style of Tamiya suspension parts, like rear uprights and front C-hubs and knuckles. These will convert your TL01 into something with very modern long arm style geometry and slightly wider track. There's a parts listing on each product on Shapeways explaining the compatible parts, and the other parts you'll need to make up the camber links and other mountings. I would recommend going for 4 deg caster reinforced C-hubs and plastic knuckles for best durability, and reinforced rear uprights of your choice, but the TRF416 parts have two mounting holes giving more tuning options. They will also need the smaller steel drive cups and 42mm dogbones or 44mm swingshaft universals, all of which are very common. 

http://shpws.me/RCHB

http://shpws.me/RCHC

• Like 3

I'm sort of a fan of the TL01 LA suspension, so this is a VERY nice alternative.    You could also fit these arms on an ff02, M03-M05  and MF-01x if you ever wanted to convert them from M chassis scale to regular 1/10 scale.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, manny said:

I'm sort of a fan of the TL01 LA suspension, so this is a VERY nice alternative.    You could also fit these arms on an ff02, M03-M05  and MF-01x if you ever wanted to convert them from M chassis scale to regular 1/10 scale.

Thanks. Unfortunately in the PA12 material they work out about $100 per set. Really wish they came out cheaper but Shapeways has got really exprnsive in the last year IMO. The regular versatile plastic material is more reasonably priced, but i am not convinced it is up to racing. 

I think the versatile plastic will work when driven reasonably hard.  I mean, the arms look pretty beefy to me.

• Like 1