Andyrt200

Help identifying some cars please

I’ve never tried Nitro cars before, had some aeroplanes back in the day but apart from engine tuning they don’t have a lot in common.  

Having only really ever had battery powered Tamiya cars all my life I don’t know much about this lot I just picked up locally:

utMuYLu.jpg

The Traxxas is a t-maxx apparently & has a blown engine. There quite a lot of info about those about.  

The other two I’ve never heard of, here they are with the bodies off with the HPI & a Kyosho that didn’t come with any bodies. 

r3FZh0T.jpg

The red chassis seems to be a thunder tiger TS-4n 

r2EA9Sc.jpg

nC4UoLx.jpg

it looks reasonably intact apart from the engine not being in it. They came with a box of engines but I suspect there will be something missing from the drive train! 

This one I can’t work out:

JL4SN5K.jpg

9hPLZ6u.jpg

jSuW1z8.jpg

X0HRgQs.jpg

YOKiPCC.jpg

Shame about that front suspension arm, maybe find one from a tamiya to fit? Looks like it would run apart from that. 

The HPI Looks ok, shame about the parts supply!

mHRz2lZ.jpg

QfMAiS8.jpg

Seems to a Rush something, maybe Pro? Don’t suppose it really matters if you can’t get the parts anymore!

The Kyosho was a 4x4 but it looks like the grub screw from the prop shaft came loose & destroyed the input to the front gearbox. 
jv0lxJr.jpg

e3vgEFR.jpg

Hnygq9C.jpg

It has an engine in the box that looks ok. Any known what kit is? 

Just trying to work out what to try mending & what to just sell on for parts. 

Kyosho is a GP Alpha series, likely a Mk2 or 3 as the Mk1 had lighter grey/brown plastics and a silver chassis plate. If it has white Kyosho servos could be RTR set. 

Probably beyond reviving; they weren't that great when new anyways.

TS4N is much superior chassis. It should accept most .12-15 engines.

Above 2 are touringcar/PureTen 200mm size... red Alfa looks like older buggy 1/10 size with sedan body over it aka SuperTen/SuperScale etc

Dunno if it's all ThunderTiger or there's plenty of generic RCs of that size back in those days from Colt, Panda etc

5 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Kyosho is a GP Alpha series, likely a Mk2 or 3 as the Mk1 had lighter grey/brown plastics and a silver chassis plate. If it has white Kyosho servos could be RTR set. 

Probably beyond reviving; they weren't that great when new anyways.

TS4N is much superior chassis. It should accept most .12-15 engines.

Above 2 are touringcar/PureTen 200mm size... red Alfa looks like older buggy 1/10 size with sedan body over it aka SuperTen/SuperScale etc

Dunno if it's all ThunderTiger or there's plenty of generic RCs of that size back in those days from Colt, Panda etc

Great thanks. Seems the TS4N is the best of the lot then, still a good few spares for them on eBay too. 

Shame we have limited on road road places to drive! 

The kyosho chassis will go straight on eBay then, try to get some money back, think I paid too much. Seems the Trax isn’t worth much at all. I wasn’t planning on selling it but was just checking the prices of sold trucks & found whole working trucks have sold for less than people are asking for just the engine!!