isomer1

New G6-01 Chassis - Volvo A60W

I've been pondering how to put a longer dump bed on the G6-01 with the GF-01 cab up front. But it looks like Tamiya beat me to the punch.

Tamiyablog & Bigsquid are both reporting (no model photos yet) a new release for 2020.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/teaser-tamiya-volvo-a60w-hauler-6x6/
https://tamiyablog.com/2019/12/some-more-2020-tamiya-rc-releases/

• Like 2

I’m struggling to work out how they will make it believable since the real truck is articulated. Time will tell I guess.

This is what Tamiya has in mind, will be interessting to see how they are going to convert that to the G6-01

Tamiya-58676-Volvo-A60W-Hauler-6X6-G6-01-chassis.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think they will even try to make it believable. I see this as more of a comical release.

• Like 2

I'm hoping it will be silly like the heavy dump truck but if they manage to make it half way realistic then I have to admit that while disappointed, I would be impressed by how much they can get out of the chassis.

Yeah, I'm guessing there's no way it will be articulated like the full-size. Seeing this, I can imagine a Tamiya designer being told to research any possible 6 wheeled 1:1 vehicles that would work as candidates for this chassis.

Alvis Stalwart would be better even though wheel spacing is wrong

I'm surprised they haven't tried a Fendt Trisix. The wheel spacing and 6-wheel steering are both spot-on. A cartoony version would make a great companion for the Farm King and Tumbling Bull. 

• Like 1

Considering the chassis is evolved from the GF-01 the bed will probably be similar to the dump truck in the way it works. Didn't Tamiya make an actuator kit for the GF-01? Or am I thinking of another truck? Should be an interesting truck either way. The G6-01 is a fun chassis.

20 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I'm hoping it will be silly like the heavy dump truck but if they manage to make it half way realistic then I have to admit that while disappointed, I would be impressed by how much they can get out of the chassis.

Think it will be hard to beat the GF01 truck.

I have both chassis but for driving style and fun the GF is the winner imo.

A three axle CC02 (CC03) would be something.

On 12/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, Juggular said:

I can't believe how the real thing looks like a toy.  

That's probably because it's a computer generated image. Not a photograph of an actual hauler.

I'm excited to see what comes of this. I love the G6 chassis, and it would be great to have a more interesting and fun body choice than what's currently offered. The Heavy Dump and Tumbling Bull were such fun bodies.

• Like 1

Probably more in Nuernberg toy fair end of this month

• Like 1