ACCEL

How'd you come up with your Display Name?

While attending a custom car show back in the early 1980's , I saw this incredible black pro-street '63 Vette wearing a pair of massive slicks. It was powered by a 500 inch Chevy big block with an enormous chrome supercharger protruding through the hood.  The car was impressive and I reckon the license plate just about summed it up: IXLR8.

• Like 2

I had some other internet/forums names before, but when the Impreza WRX was introduced to the US back in 2001 (02 model), I bought one and joined NASIOC (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club).  That is where I spent a lot of time, met a lot of long time friends.  I kept the name even as I started driving a Mustang and visiting Mustang forums.

• Like 2

Used to mod/reassemble toys a lot as a kid.
Sid is the evil kid in Toy Story that does the same, Zid is a slight variation to it.
Used the nick in gaming starting at the tail end of the nineties so my LANcrew made it Ziddan, from how endings are often appended in Swedish, same sorta deal as with "John" becoming "Johnny" in English.

• Like 5

I had a user account on here years and years ago and never really posted much. I was putting together my Blackfoot xtreme and wanted to show it online here, but totally forgot my password and half my username I had. So I made a new one, but didn't want to think real hard about a cool username, so.... considering my Blackfoot is a Ford F-150.....I just used that so I post on here again quickly.

Cool story bro.

• Like 2

Before I got around to affording (the insurance for) a fully turbocharged Impreza, I had a (modified before I bought it) Impreza Sport.

UK Impreza lovers will know that prior to the WRX name landing on these shores, Turbo2000 was what we got as the model name.

It had so many mods (some discovered after purchase) even though they were dealer known, I chose Normally Aspirated Turbo 2000 as my username on the forums at the time (scoobynet). It was often alternatively known as N(ot)ATurbo2000.

I haven't seen the need to switch username wherever I use it. It's more easily distinguishable than my actual name. 

Even though it results in me being called "nature boy" more than is healthy...

• Haha 1

This is S C R E E M'n  Good Fun.........................................Had not had a notification for some time and good to see this thread alive :D

A lot has been going on and had not touched an RC for some time due to LIFE in general, but as always i try to make it fun.

Tamiya Club still the best forum on planet earth!

• Like 1

Discovering technics vinyl turntables by Panasonic. Mk1210, 1200. Realizing the connecting thread of quality and precision in all things Japanese since the 80s. The golden era of brochures, graphics, Hi-fi electronics, PlayStation, Gran turismo. Scale thrown into all thread starts because appreciation for realistic scale models since single digit age. Drastic lifelong impact.

BRoJ2rn.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, technics said:

Discovering technics vinyl turntables by Panasonic. Mk1210, 1200. Realizing the connecting thread of quality and precision in all things Japanese since the 80s. The golden era of brochures, graphics, Hi-fi electronics, PlayStation, Gran turismo. Scale thrown into all thread starts because appreciation for realistic scale models since single digit age. Drastic lifelong impact.

BRoJ2rn.jpeg

Wow i was assuming that… and was right haha

• Haha 1

My name is Jarrett and my parents used to call me Jarrenskie as some sort of pet name when I was growing up. I have been in this 80's nostalgia as of late so Renskie seemed like a way to bring some of that back. It also seemed a touch better than "Jerkwad" which was my 2nd choice.  

• Haha 2

I started a small clothing company when I was in university a million years ago, and it was called bRIBE Alternative Clothing.  The company was heavily involved in both the local music and fashion scenes and over the years some people just knew me as "the bRIBE guy". 

As the timeline of the company essentially overlapped with the birth of internet forums and such, I originally used "bRIBEGuy", as a really lazy online moniker.  As I'm not one to hide from my past or my opinions, I have just kept it and used it on any and every forum I've ever been on.  Ya.

My mum n dad suggested it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My real name is Gareth and since I was a little kids lots of friends just call me “G”. When I was at art college I had long hair which stuck out at the sides, like wings! When I started DJing we chose silly names and my mate that I DJed with came up with “G-Wings”. It stuck!