Sign in to follow this  
DGunn1

Anyone purchased from Sepratama?

Hi,

Does anyone have experience purchasing RC kit from Sepratama, appear to be a Malaysian based online RC shop. 

http://www.sepratama.com

Seem very cheap, could be we're just subject to a massive mark up in UK but thought it worth checking with others, any issues, genuine tamiya stuff etc?

Cheers all

Personally, I'm always suspicious when a company's range of models is so old (and with no particularly recent releases from anyone)

It's like they stopped updating their range/site in January

They even list the Fighting Buggy as 'In Stock' but don't list the Rally 2CV or CC-02 - To give you some context, the Fighting Buggy sells for around £380 on eBay now.
Axial and GMade's range on there are both old too - Axial's newest scaler is missing, as is GMade's BOM and the Traxxas line-up is missing a few current models too

Edit: Newest 586xx model number I could find was 58654, Lancia 037 Rally, and that was released late 2017

Me: I'd give it a miss

I emailed him yesterday asking if he had stock of Fighting Buggies, and would buy one if he did.

Dear Mr Falcon, yes we have in stock. Was the reply.

How long since anyone had stock of these?

Sounds sus to me.

(Footnote - I'm still kicking myself for not buying one 5 years ago :()

I wouldn't myself. Just did a quick SEO analysis via SEMRush, and there has been no traffic to the website, basically ever, until a couple of days ago. Now it's not likely to be completely accurate, its not a good sign either. Especially when I compare it to my local hobby store.

So this is a domain overview, its not 100% accurate, but gives an idea of traffic to a website. So this would tell me the website is not very active.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-17-at-6.29.06-am.png

I would have expected something like this, this is a local hobby store. You can see there is a bit of traffic, which you'd expect.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-17-at-6.30.37-am.png