KingBabbo

Brushless Motor Upgrade for which car?

Brushless Motor Upgrade for which car?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all

I have 2 Hobbyking Trackstar 13.5t motorin my inventory, I was wondering which of my existing car should deserve the upgrade. Main objective is to have some more speed and fun for bashing and running around. I do not want the car to be un-drivable. Please cast your vote. Thanks.

Voting isn't working for me either, but I agree with @Jonathon Gillham. Of the chassis listed, the Blitzer and TA-03F would be most able to put the power down while still remaining controllable. 

Can't vote but was actually thinking about this last night. Of the cars listed the Bliitzer gets my vote.

16 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Cant vote either, but lunchbox. I have 13.5 in mine and ite great. Benefits from cva's too though.

I will have to CVA shock soon, it is with the postman. Does 13.5t make it easy to tip over? Does it give it excessive speed you think?

14 minutes ago, KingBabbo said:

I will have to CVA shock soon, it is with the postman. Does 13.5t make it easy to tip over? Does it give it excessive speed you think?

With an 18t pinion its not too bad, have to be a little carefull on the throttle. I have crp front arm conversion and tyre foams too. It drives quite well, i can drive it round a proper outdoor off road rc track no problem. 

The main reason i went to brushless is i was getting bored waiting for it to get to the end of the back straight 😂

Even bashing in the garden it drives fine, much better than stock, easier to drive fast than a grasshopper or hornet.

1 hour ago, graemevw said:

With an 18t pinion its not too bad, have to be a little carefull on the throttle. I have crp front arm conversion and tyre foams too. It drives quite well, i can drive it round a proper outdoor off road rc track no problem. 

The main reason i went to brushless is i was getting bored waiting for it to get to the end of the back straight 😂

Even bashing in the garden it drives fine, much better than stock, easier to drive fast than a grasshopper or hornet.

Mine is all stock beside the CVA that is about to go in. Maybe too fast for it and me lol

If you stick with the stock pinion the Lunchbox will be good. Then if you want it faster in the future you can swap the pinion. The 18t pinion made it a little fast for my liking, so I stuck with the stock pinion. I also have CVA's, FX10 front end, centered servo, and tire foams. You don't need to have all of those things, you could start with CVA's and decide if you want to keep modding or stick with it as is.

I also voted for the Blitzer. It should be a very fun car with that motor. I'm not into on-road so I can't comment on the TA-03F.