smirk-racing

CC-02 Monster truck conversion??

7 minutes ago, ad456 said:

The F150 Baja style body from 58495 would look good on that 

Oh, good call! Lexan too for lightness 👍🏻

I have one on a wild dagger and it looks the part and keeps the COG lower unlike my Blackfoot 3. 

30 minutes ago, barnettgs said:

It looks to work very well. How did you manage to fit in bigger wheels/tyres without touching the front shocks when steering?

Nothing at all, yet... There’s just a contact between tyre and shock unit, when one spring is fully compressed and the opposite extended (live axle at maximum articulation), but that could never happen at speed, only momentarily in a crawl. Despite that I’m thinking of widening the track very slightly, switching 5mm thick hexs for 7mm and using low profile wheel nuts as needed to make use of the reduced thead length available. That’d make certain to clear it :)

18 hours ago, Tamoshi said:

Here you go, @Saito2

Thanks to all for positive feedback.

Blackfoot body suggestion is a good one, but I'd like something more compact/narrow bodied... So jury is still out!

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

TBG - Tamiya Hilux Monster Racer body ....... pc / lexan body, quite slim and short (250mm) wheel base with big open wheel arches.  That would be my pick.

Thanks for the inspiration, this is great !

• Like 1

Further to all your helpful ideas, I finally have a body shell on order. Went for the Tamiya Bronco. Nice and compact for a 'truck' but cool and classic, and like the trim detailing on it (namely the front grille and lights). Just need to determine a colour scheme... might use the Mud Blaster II stickers to give it a tackiness factor -- it's supposed to be all for fun after all!

Next little project is to get a GF-01 and set it up as a mini crawler,  again just for the fun of it really!

Tempted to offset the off-road daftness with a M07r or M08 chassis too. Should be as diverse a range of Tamiyas as I will need for a little while....... ;)

• Like 3

Been curious too. Checked Tamoshis history and he never post again after June 2020. I guess someone else need to try it and post the result.