Turbo051

Lunchbox running holiday buggy/sand rover wheels

Hi guys I blew the tyres off my lunchbox lol an found some cheap sand rover wheels for cheap just wondering if theyre the same size axle an would bolt up

yes i know i should just buy new lunchbox wheels but coming upto christmas its not in the budget an i can get these wheels free just need to make sure theyll suit before i go an get them sent

Have a look at this

I think the front steeing knuckles on the LB might be too wide for HB / SR front wheels , so a spacer might be needed . The rear wheels on LB are 5 stud and DT02 have weird adapter I believe .

Grasshopper/Hornet front steering knuckles should fit.

Unless you have some laying around, buying a set would put you in the same position as buying new LB wheels.

I have broken the centres out of a few LB front wheels.

There are plenty of spares in my parts box, so haven't bothered looking for a stronger alternative yet.

Ah i see yeah i thought id ask because i can get those wheels 2 days or i have to order them off ebay thatl take Atleast 2 weeks usually being that im in New Zealand,

whats happened is ive gone overboard my lunchbox is now a 6s running a 6.5T motor an a 1:8 scale brushless hobbywing esc, after blowing multiple esc’s I settled on the 1:8th esc an which has left me with the weak link being the tyres as i didnt glue them like my previous set.

i took it out the other day an have it running mint have it under control quite well considering that its wayyy over powered but anyway i blew off a tyre an lost one haha

1 hour ago, Turbo051 said:

my lunchbox is now a 6s running a 6.5T motor

:o

I have a feeling you may have some ballooning issues. :lol:

My lunchbox had a 6.5T in it when I bought it and was ballistic running on 2s.

Would pull wheelies at any speed, and was a straight line weapon. Forget about cornering with any pace.

With the poorly balanced original tyres and standard servo saver it would become unstable at high speed.

After cartwheeling it too many times and expecting a shattered pile of plastic each time (somehow it survived with only minimal body damage) I found a Black Can to be zippy yet controllable.

You'll have to post up some video of this monster in action. B)

On 12/18/2019 at 3:57 AM, Falcon#5 said:

:o

I have a feeling you may have some ballooning issues. :lol:

My lunchbox had a 6.5T in it when I bought it and was ballistic running on 2s.

Would pull wheelies at any speed, and was a straight line weapon. Forget about cornering with any pace.

With the poorly balanced original tyres and standard servo saver it would become unstable at high speed.

After cartwheeling it too many times and expecting a shattered pile of plastic each time (somehow it survived with only minimal body damage) I found a Black Can to be zippy yet controllable.

You'll have to post up some video of this monster in action. B)

Yeah after frying a bunch of esc’s an stripping my gearbox I finally got it to the point where ive upgraded everything to the point where everything’s solid an abit over the top, i got to excited an forgot to glue the tyres but sort out tyres an a Decent wheelie bar an I’ll definitely upload a video 

On 12/19/2019 at 9:09 PM, Turbo051 said:

Yeah after frying a bunch of esc’s an stripping my gearbox I finally got it to the point where ive upgraded everything to the point where everything’s solid an abit over the top, i got to excited an forgot to glue the tyres but sort out tyres an a Decent wheelie bar an I’ll definitely upload a video 

If you're having issues with tyres, you could try fitting 2.2" Stadium Truck rims and tyres.

Smaller diameter, but you will have no issues with lack of top end speed. :lol:

Something from Proline or AKA will be able to handle the pace of your Lunchy better than original tyres.