Grumpy pants

Paint Recommendations Please.

Pretty straight forward request but it’s been a while since I have bought paint.

Drab Olive pant for my WW2 is the last item to buy for this small project.

Who from and where from please. 

TS-28 Olive Drab2 is the instructed color.  That's one place to start.  

• Thanks 1

Try HANNANTS . One of biggest online suppliers in U.K. Of models and sundries. They do acrylics, enamels, rattle cans all sorts. For WW I'd use tamiya acrylics either can or airbrush or humbrol spray acrylic olive drab is very good. Have used a lot on static models

• Thanks 1

I would buy paint from a local model shop if possible.  If you buy over the internet you will find the shipping costs will be high as paint is classed as a dangerous good and has to go via a courier.

• Thanks 1

Krylon Camouflage Ultra Flat Olive. I used it for my WW and it looked great, IMO.

• Thanks 1

@Biz73's olive color looks great.  

Mine was painted 17 years ago, so I forgot what I used.  It came out darker than I would've liked.  If I were to do it again, I'd go with Krylon ultra flat Olive or TS-28 (which seems to be brighter green).   

(Blow shows unpainted WW1 and painted WW2) 

QyOvdsQ.jpg

nNrWutW.jpg

• Like 1

Image result for tamiya wild willy tamiya catalog guidebookRelated image

Slightly off-topic. I suppose its probably just down to lighting/etc. but has anyone noticed in the catalog pictures of the Wild Willy, it looks to be painted in a lighter green. I thought it was definitely a different color paint as a kid. When the WW2 showed up also looking less olive draby (is that a word?) I began to think that it might be just down to how the color photographed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Image result for tamiya wild willy tamiya catalog guidebookRelated image

Slightly off-topic. I suppose its probably just down to lighting/etc. but has anyone noticed in the catalog pictures of the Wild Willy, it looks to be painted in a lighter green. I thought it was definitely a different color paint as a kid. When the WW2 showed up also looking less olive draby (is that a word?) I began to think that it might be just down to how the color photographed. 

Lighting and type of film used will have different effects on pictures. Does anyone have an OG WW and a WW2 body to compare paint colors? It's possible that they changed it at some point over the years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Lighting and type of film used will have different effects on pictures. Does anyone have an OG WW and a WW2 body to compare paint colors? It's possible that they changed it at some point over the years.

That got me curious about the color of the plastic itself.  

WW2 seems slightly darker than the original.  Assuming the underside didn't fade with age.  

(front fenders were painted with outside color on WW2. So those are not the natural plastic color.  It seems like I mixed the color and airbrushed it. There are different colors tested on WW2)

Mc46xby.jpg

• Like 1