Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon Gillham

HW 1060 prices

Whats the deal with the huge range in prices of the HW 1060 ESC? The cheapest ones look different and are most likely being missold as HW escs, but what about all those that show HW boxes and branding on them? Is it a case of just buying the cheapest and they shiuld be fine, or stivking to reputable sellers like rcmart and paying a bit more? None are THAT expensive, but you know, the prices range from $15 - $60 depending on the shop.

Any suggestions?

I bought a cheap 1060 sold as HW 1060 as they all are , pics showed a HW type ESC and also pics of the item I got - 2 different styles . I wasn't expecting a legit HW1060 and I didn't get a HW branded one , but you get what you pay for . It works well and I've had no issues . I have read that basically these items are mass produced and sold out to companies who brand in their image - a bit like some TV sets

• Like 1

Ive bought a few boxed branded ones in the nice white and red box and have a couple of rtr cars (one is a kyosho) that have exactly the same looking esc in it just with no branding or markings. They must be churned out in the millions from the same place - never had any issues with any of them branded or not.

• Like 1

Thanks, thats what I was expecting to hear. Its well proven tech that should be easy to produce for next to nothing so the cheap ones should be fine.

I am not so sure. The really cheap ones that only show black case and red and black cables have really aggressive brakes that aren't nice to drive. The proper 1060 with the red case and blue and yellow wires is much nicer to drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I am not so sure. The really cheap ones that only show black case and red and black cables have really aggressive brakes that aren't nice to drive. The proper 1060 with the red case and blue and yellow wires is much nicer to drive. 

Thanks thats good to know. I'm only buying 1 (or maybe 2) so its not like the cost difference is huge anyway. Probabky best to order from RCMart, and they have a Yeah Racing version for a bit less which I'm sure will be a legit rebadged one. I'm going to oder a SkyRC TS160 soon anyway so the cost of the 1060 is dwarfed by that! Have a growing list of things I need to order but will wait til we're back from holiday so i don't have to worry about missing couriers.

• Like 1

I ended up getting a deal with 2 genuine (well, they look genuine, HW branded box, manual etc) for a good price off trademe (NZ version of ebay, we must be the only country where ebay didn't get a foothold). They arrived today and they are really nice units, small and appear excellent quality unlike the cheap electronics I get from Banggood. I'm impressed.

Will be going into the Top Force tomorrow which will probably prove that I need to lower the gearing for the Super Stock, 8:1 is probably too high for a 4wd buggy. That means another order from RCMart, the build never ends!

• Like 1