Raman36

TA03R-S Porsche 911 GT1 47443

I’m surprised no one has started a thread for this already.  No takers?  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

seen it on the list over at tamiya blog of upcoming releases. I bet people will gather more excitement once pictures come out. I think its pretty cool that the TA03 will be getting another lease. Lets see the TA03TRF kit get another run too :lol:

• Like 1

This is the first I hear of it. TA03 is one of my all time favorites. This is very exciting news. It'll be nice to have more parts stock available. Short belts were getting scarce, and pricey.

• Like 1

I was interested in this until I realized that it more than likely won't be coming with the race decal set.  It's the same with the Supra body they're about to re-release on the TT02 chassis.  The Supra photo has been released and it shows the Supra as a street car despite it being named Supra Racing.  The Porsche re-release is labelled as a "street" model so it stands to reason.  Very disappointing.

https://tamiyablog.com/2019/12/first-photos-of-upcoming-tamiya-47431-eunos-roadster-m-06-chassis-tamiya-47433-supra-racing-a80-tt-02-chassis/

12 hours ago, volvotech said:

This is the first I hear of it. TA03 is one of my all time favorites. This is very exciting news. It'll be nice to have more parts stock available. Short belts were getting scarce, and pricey.

This. Would def be stocking up on TA03-S belts. Also hoping they bring out the other TA03 hop ups as well.

MCI do have the GT1 decals so I guess its not a train smash.

• Like 1

I saw this re re announcement a few weeks ago, and I think it’s great news. I’ve rejuvenated my TC membership ( originally joined 2005) and am also today back on the forum after a year or so out of the game. Given the TA02 first re re was (if I remember correctly) stock before the Jaegermeister hopped up version was released, I expect the same with the new TA03. If it sells well, hopefully we’ll see hopped up variants and separate hop up parts becoming available (assuming it’s not already a hopped up one). I used to have all of the TA03 TRF kits, the David Jun 58200 too. There was also the TA03F-Pro Drift Spec which was a variation on the original TA03F-Pro (the precursor to the Jun and TRF’s), and this was released a couple of times but sold directly in Japan/Far East only, last time c 2011. It had a few hop ups like the FRP chassis plates upgrade and an alloy motor mount, and that model might be a realistic re re again, but not necessarily as a drift. Anyway, good to be back and thanks to Raman36, one of the many I’ve traded with over the years, for kick starting this thread.

I think much like the 911 GT2 Street Version released a few years back, being a plain white both helps keep the cost down (not having to licence sponsors) and also avoids just a load more that look the same as the original. The white is ideal as a blank canvas, we've seen a lot of creativity with the GT2 which we probably wouldn't have if the Taisan stickers had come with it again. It also keeps the originals special for those that have them.

I've got a chassis and few of the original body sets but I'll definitely pick up a few of these too :D

• Like 2

it would be nice to get new 237mm wheelbase body options though... am i correct its just the corolla, 206, gt2, and gt1 that fits?

the 934 kinda works... working on a gearbox cover that will move the rear suspension mount a wee bit forward so it lines up.

Hi futureworks...

I still have you old David jun special ta03

• Like 1

I have added this to my “I will be getting at least one of these list” which means I will probably get 2.......oh and also the Karman Ghia  body set for an m chassis.......great start for 2020 when they hit the sellers...

13 hours ago, Disco said:

Hi futureworks...

I still have you old David jun special ta03

Hi Disco, did you build it? 

37 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Hi Disco, did you build it? 

Nope ... still in the box untouched

So this is just a re-release of 58193 but without the decals? If so, then it's interesting that this is the second Racing Porsche that they have brought back simply as a "street" version, as they did the same with the GT2 when they re-released it without the Taisan or PIAA decal set. This offers a little bit of hope that we may yet see the 959 re-released on original chassis as it's always the Rothmans livery that has been seen as the barrier to that classic coming back.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Disco said:

Nope ... still in the box untouched

If you ever feel the need to sell it back to me, let me know!

I’ve no plans to sell it right now.....but if things change I’ll bear it in mind.

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

Spot on Steve!

Nice to see you back👍

TB evo iv still in its box😉

• Like 1

This is great news!  Now I don't have to replicate my GT1 shell!  I've had a build without the default Mobil 1 livery in mind for some time!

My GT1 body is still running great on a modified TA05 per the GT2 body instruction sheet.