Sign in to follow this  
garthxv01

Xv01- silvercan and 3s lipo / other Q's

Hi all. 

I've just built my xv01 and am very pleased with how it slides about, but a little underwhelmed with its performance on NiMH. 

I've bought a B6AC Lipo charger. The xv01 has a 1060WP ESC and stock motor. I also have a lunchbox with Tamiya ESC and a sport tuned in it. I know I would need a lipo alarm for that one or different ESC. 

I need advice regarding if a silvercan / sport tuned would last running 3s, and what battery pack would fit in the xv01. 

If it's a really bad idea, the same questions regarding 2s. 

Want to keep the cost down at the moment so steering clear of brushless! Plus, it's all very confusing at the moment. 

Thanks in advance. 👍

Batteries in the VX01 will be the difficult bit. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful design. Hobbyking sell lots of LiPos and you can filter by size, so you should find something 3S that'll fit, but be weary of where the wires exit the pack. Honestly a 2S brushless (or even NiMH) setup is likely to serve you better. Or just an old fashioned lower turn brushed motor (not sure what motor limit your ESC has).

Check out ebay for brushless motors. You can get a motor for under £20 delivered that will work with your Tamiya ESC. A 13.5T, 10.5 or 8.5T would work in a VX-01. 10.5T probably the sweet spot.

Silver can on 3s goes well and lasts ok. Plus the motors are cheap. I wouldn't spend the money on a sport tuned and run 3s through it personally.

Silver can goes ok on 3s if it’s not overgeared. I tried running my g601 on 3s and the easiest gearing I didn’t finish the first battery before it completely cooked and failed. That being said on a lightweight vehicle with limited drivetrain load (like a dt03) it seems to work just fine. 

Your going to need a relatively small 3S pack to fit inside the xv01, I’m thinking under 4000mah, I have a 3700mah pack that fits fine but I also have a 4000mah pack that doesn’t fit. So check dimensions, or take the car to your LHS and test fit and buy the battery there.